dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
AlexDent
join:2015-02-24

AlexDent

[HSI] Charter internet available options/pricing?

Looking at switching to Charter internet and have to admit that I'm a bit flummoxed by their web site.

As best I can figure out they only offer one level of home internet now that's available for $39.99. This also seems to be an introductory price that after 12 months will revert to the regular price of $59.99.

Can anyone confirm if this is correct?
chmod755
join:2011-09-01
Hazelwood, MO

chmod755

This is the main tier available. There is not a cheaper or slower tier. Most if not all customers also have access to a higher tier which is faster but more expensive, which can be ordered through a Charter representative.
AlexDent

AlexDent

Thanks, JWNelson. Do you have any idea on if the pricing I came up with is correct?

msmisfit
join:2004-09-13
Atlanta, GA

msmisfit

Sounds right for internet only on later price for internet only. Some have internet for $51.99 bundled with other services.
AlexDent

AlexDent

Thanks, msmisfit. We don't need or want TV or a landline phone so, internet only would be it.
travanx
join:2002-01-15
Altadena, CA

travanx to AlexDent

to AlexDent
Their pricing is really confusing. Don't forget business internet is an option. They are much better at responding to problems too, came out at night to fix problems coming into the house. And the tech support over the phone is many times better. No reset modem script that is the answer to all problems on residential.
AlexDent

AlexDent

Thanks, travanx. Since there's no guarantee that we'll able to negotiate the price lower after the introductory period and their regular price is more than we can afford I don't think that we're going to be getting Charter internet.

vaxvms
ferroequine fan
Premium Member
join:2005-03-01
Polar Park

vaxvms to AlexDent

Premium Member

to AlexDent
About a year ago Charter started raising the internet only service from $54.99 to $59.99 »[HSI] $54.99 to $59.99
The service includes a router w/out a separate rental charge. When your intro price expires it'll cost you $59.99 /month provided they don't raise the price again. Unbundled business service is no cheaper. A long time ago they said they were going to raise the speed from 30Mbps to 60Mbs without raising the cost, but...

BlahBlah2
@charter.com

BlahBlah2

Anon

said by vaxvms:

About a year ago Charter started raising the internet only service from $54.99 to $59.99 »[HSI] $54.99 to $59.99
The service includes a router w/out a separate rental charge. When your intro price expires it'll cost you $59.99 /month provided they don't raise the price again. Unbundled business service is no cheaper. A long time ago they said they were going to raise the speed from 30Mbps to 60Mbs without raising the cost, but...

Yes they should be required to leave the price same forever otherwise they are evil. By the way my internet cost $51.99. 3 years ago 30 meg was costing $57.99 if you used your own router. If not it was $64.99. But prices are higher? In fact in 2008 10 meg was $54.99 plus $5 if you used Charter's modem.