uniqs

Ginjer
Premium Member
join:2009-08-14
Earth

Ginjer

Premium Member

[PvE] Garrisons 6.1

All, here I am trying to focus on one character for once going forward. Currently I have my Pally, DK, Warrior, and Druid at 100. All are a DPS/Tank spec. However, I rarely have time to focus on them all and find myself only doing Garrison things and maybe a couple LFRs. I would like to try and focus on one and I enjoyed playing Unholy last night quite a bit.

My question is this. Which Garrison slots will not be the most beneficial going forward in 6.1? Currently I keep the BS/ENG/Salvage Yard, Inn, War (one for free token for gear), Trading Post. With the changes should I focus on the Barn for Bloods? I really rarely go out and quest or anything, but it seems that may be better long term for easier gear upgrades.

qualitybobby
Premium Member
join:2009-12-29
Middleville, NY

qualitybobby

Premium Member

At this point, I'm sure where any advantage will be gained. Bloods are going to get really, really cheap soon as it will be easier to get primal spirits for basic mats, and alchemists will be able to transmute.

For professions, once you get LFR gear your crafted gear gets pretty useless without 2 or 3 upgrades, which will take awhile to get since you are just starting those professions. Keep the salvage yard for possible BOEs, and the warmill to help keep your followers geared for HM and BRF missions for gear. After that, I don't see any real advantages.

Ginjer
Premium Member
Earth

Ginjer

Premium Member

That is my thoughts. Normally I use the TP for resources. I really want to add in an Enchanting/JC stand as opposed to BS/ENG. But, those are my two primary professions... Makes me wonder if those are really worth keeping. I need to look at the market prices for items to reroll stats, etc.

qualitybobby
Premium Member
Middleville, NY

qualitybobby

Premium Member

reroll stat items are going to drop in price. They are changing the mats for them to NOT have the BOP profession mats. So they will be cheaper to make and more available on the AH, since they will be a very easy way to level a profession, since each one when it's orange will give 3 skill points.

Ginjer
Premium Member
Earth

Ginjer

Premium Member

/sigh. I really need to focus on a toon. I am hoping the DK can keep me excited. Playing in Hawaii makes me miss all of our guild activity. Arch and the gang raid in the morning EST time so that is like 0400 my time when I prep for PT and work. I can't wait to get back CONUS.

puppy
join:2010-01-28
San Diego, CA

puppy

The daily quest from a JC follower is easy money, 200-300g a day.

qualitybobby
Premium Member
Middleville, NY

qualitybobby

Premium Member

lol, yes it is. That's why I have a JC hut even though I don't have JC as a profession anymore.

Also, if you have an inn, the treasure hunting trait is now in game, so you can recruit one to double the gold reward on a treasure mission that he/she is assigned to.

Ginjer
Premium Member
Earth

Ginjer

Premium Member

Yeah, I need to run through all the Inn Quests. I have done several of them but need to finish out some of the Heroic Dungeon items. I still can't upgrade my Inn to Level 3 until that is completed.

qualitybobby
Premium Member
Middleville, NY

qualitybobby

Premium Member

Right, I think you only need to do 10 of the 20 quests now to get that, so it's not too bad.
Chuck_IV
join:2003-11-18
Connecticut

Chuck_IV to Ginjer

to Ginjer
Can anyone shed light on what you can buy now with Iron Scraps? I heard it was more than just the "cool" looking transmogs.

I ask because I look at my lvl 3 War Mill and all I see is things that can be had elsewhere... a weekly raid token, which can be purchased for 300 resources elsewhere and follower armor/weapon upgrades, which I get from the salvage boxes as well. Yea it helps upgrade your followers faster but unless iron scraps return something good, I'm not seeing the value over some of the other buildings.

puppy
San Diego, CA

puppy

In 6.1 there is a daily quest in the Bunker (War Mill for horde?) that you can turn in some iron scraps for a follower enchancement token. Not sure if the bunker has to be level 2 or 3.

BTW you can disenchant those transmogs items that you buy with the iron scraps, so that's free DE mats there if you don't care about the transmogs.

The bunker is mainly used for the free seal and the follower upgrades. The only other place you can get upgrade is the salvage building, or follower missions.
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar to qualitybobby

to qualitybobby
Or like some people forget to pick the quest item from the dungeon! that's is the worst thing, specially if you are DPS and have to wait for Q and if you picked specific dungeon is not possible to do it again unless it pops random..

Ginjer
Premium Member
Earth

Ginjer

Premium Member

DJ, what time are you normally online at night? I think I see you online more than anyone.
djlar

djlar

online at night, forum at day...

2 nights ago I was declined entry into one of Jobbie's premades, thanks dude!

last week Arch joined to give us a DPS class in a fail premade, of course he's geared to the teeth

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

said by djlar:

2 nights ago I was declined entry into one of Jobbie's premades, thanks dude!

Wait wha?

I was not on 2 nights ago.
JoelC707
Premium Member
join:2002-07-09
Lanett, AL

JoelC707 to puppy

Premium Member

to puppy
said by puppy:

In 6.1 there is a daily quest in the Bunker (War Mill for horde?) that you can turn in some iron scraps for a follower enchancement token. Not sure if the bunker has to be level 2 or 3.

Must be level 3, my level 2 war mill has no one that wants to talk other than the normal vendor (who only sells the transmog gear) and the work orders person. That's cool to know though.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil to Ginjer

Premium Member

to Ginjer
I'm thinking of "rotating" my toons. Meaning use 1 toon per day, and every 11 days, start over.Why oh why did I have to create so many toons, I dunno.

Exodus
Your Daddy
Premium Member
join:2001-11-26
Earth

Exodus

Premium Member

Whatever makes you enjoy the game man. Go for it.

Cat5
join:2013-04-26

Cat5 to Snakeoil

to Snakeoil
said by Snakeoil:

I'm thinking of "rotating" my toons. Meaning use 1 toon per day, and every 11 days, start over.Why oh why did I have to create so many toons, I dunno.

I just don't play all mine at max level. Shaman for PvE, hunter for PvP and nada on the rest other than professions / pet battles.
djlar

djlar to Jobbie

to Jobbie
said by Jobbie:

Wait wha?

I was not on 2 nights ago.

Check you account then, no wonder you didn't respond to whisper

qualitybobby
Premium Member
Middleville, NY

qualitybobby to Ginjer

Premium Member

to Ginjer
That worked out well for me. I finished raid, upgraded 3 followers to 660, clicked over to available missions and BAM! One heroic BRF mission waiting for me with a 100% chance of success. Hello 680 chest.

Bamafan2277
Premium Member
join:2008-09-20
Jeffersonville, IN

Bamafan2277 to JoelC707

Premium Member

to JoelC707
It is level 3. I have a level 3 War Mill and the vendor had the daily quest.
JoelC707
Premium Member
Lanett, AL

JoelC707

Premium Member

Guess I need to upgrade my war mill then. I wasn't going to because I'm not currently raiding so a free roll didn't seem appealing to me but this does. Just like I only now upgraded my profession buildings to level 3 for the follower missions.

puppy
San Diego, CA

puppy

You can use the tokens even in LFR! I didn't think I was raiding either, but I've been in a few friday night casual guild raids, so you never know! Store up the free tokens
djlar

djlar to Bamafan2277

to Bamafan2277
Meh, it's one piece of an upgrade token for more than you can get daily, you'll have to run heroics 'till your eyes bleed to catch up.

At least mine proc'd to 9 ilevels upgrade
JoelC707
Premium Member
Lanett, AL

JoelC707 to puppy

Premium Member

to puppy
Oh, it's actually something I can store? I knew I could use it in LFR (which I'm not doing right now either, using Intel i5 graphics atm so not gonna subject myself to a lag fest lol) but I thought it just gave me one free roll a week and wasn't something I could bank. Damn, had I known that I would have upgraded that long ago.

Oh yeah, wtf is up with the 3 min duration on miners coffee now? I can barely make it out of my level 2 mine before it expires and on the level 3 mines I have to use other speed boosts just to make it to that last node before it expires (and then have to run out at slow speed). It's a waste to pop another just to run out. The pick still has a 10 min duration. Oh and that's not even factoring in having to kill something while you're in there, that's just straight run and clicks.
djlar

djlar

about mines... I have level 3 and got only 6 blackiron ores... WTF? didn't seen that nerf coming
JoelC707
Premium Member
Lanett, AL

JoelC707

Premium Member

I just ran through the mines on 5 toons and didn't notice any of them having more or less or blackrock or trueiron than before. Maybe I haven't been paying attention though?
djlar

djlar

Yeah when you finally run out of ore, after doing the daily JC that needed 60 to create some neck piece, I've run out, so I go and cleanup the mine and only had 6 total at the end, trueiron I don't know because I still have like 500 of those.
JoelC707
Premium Member
Lanett, AL

JoelC707

Premium Member

I've started re-running the mine after taking a month or so off from them. I had about 3K of each but after getting down to under 1k each I decided I needed to run it again. I use it with JC, BS and Eng so it tends to go quick for me. I've been selectively doing the JC quests anyway lately. I only do the ones that need the 20 ore or the gem, I don't do the ones that ask me to make the necklaces and such. Sure I get 200-300 gold for 60 ore or less but it just seems like so much ore used for one quest.