All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
RobertMets12
join:2010-10-16

RobertMets12

Clear Qam

Can I get local channels on clear Qam or has Verizon discontinued it.

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

They still have them

Greg2600
join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600 to RobertMets12

to RobertMets12
Yes but they don't stay in the same place, often move around.
RobertMets12

RobertMets12

I scanned the channels after it was done scanning I saw nothing on the screen. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.
crgauth
join:2004-05-18
Glen Burnie, MD

crgauth

Some TVs have had issues.
Best option is to try and tune the channel in directly.

incognito_2u
join:2005-03-15
Malverne, NY
Wistron NeWeb CR1000A
Arcadyan FiOS-E3200

incognito_2u to RobertMets12

to RobertMets12
said by RobertMets12:

Can I get local channels on clear Qam or has Verizon discontinued it.

Did you originally have these channels programmed into your TV and lost them or are you trying to set-up a TV for clear Qam for the first time?
RobertMets12

RobertMets12

It was already set up for Cablevision clear Qam so when Fios was installed I rescanned because I thought that the channels would be different but after it was done scanning I couldn't see anything my tv wouldn't work.

guppy_fish
Premium Member
join:2003-12-09
Palm Harbor, FL

guppy_fish

Premium Member

check your TV setting and make sure you enabled for digital. I'm on Clear QAM never had an issue, 3 different TV's, but setting up can be tricky with the scan options.

You do realize, you have to pay for clear QAM?, nothing is open like cable is, the minimum service is local channels only, but you get about 40 stations

incognito_2u
Malverne, NY
Wistron NeWeb CR1000A
Arcadyan FiOS-E3200

to RobertMets12
said by RobertMets12:

It was already set up for Cablevision clear Qam so when Fios was installed I rescanned because I thought that the channels would be different but after it was done scanning I couldn't see anything my tv wouldn't work.

And your subscribed to a FiOS TV package.....correct?
RobertMets12

RobertMets12

Correct I have Fios Extreme with Multi-Room Dvr. I have a third tv that I'm trying to hook without a box hence the Clear Qam question.
RobertMets12

RobertMets12

I got it working do you get Hd in clear Qam. I scanned analog and digital before when I scanned just Digital just now it worked I forgot that analog is no longer available. Thank You for all the answers.
PJL
join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

PJL

You should get the HD channels for locals.
RobertMets12

RobertMets12

I do I just didn't scan it all the way.

incognito_2u
Malverne, NY

to RobertMets12
Great Job........glad to see you issue has been resolved.
Welcome to FiOS!

icemannyr1
join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ

icemannyr1 to RobertMets12

to RobertMets12
One thing to note, you are going to have a bunch of QAM sub channels added that are only used for local cable commercials.
RobertMets12

RobertMets12

I know there's a lot more then Cablevision.

Greg2600
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600 to RobertMets12

to RobertMets12
Robert, to be honest, if your TV has an ATSC over the air tuner, and you have an old pair of rabbit ears, you could probably get more channels that way. And the numbers don't bounce around.

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

said by Greg2600:

Robert, to be honest, if your TV has an ATSC over the air tuner, and you have an old pair of rabbit ears, you could probably get more channels that way. And the numbers don't bounce around.

How many more can you possibly get? Verizon carries almost all of the subchannels, and no rabbit ear antenna will pick all of that up, they suck depending on where you live.

Greg2600
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600

said by matcarl:

How many more can you possibly get? Verizon carries almost all of the subchannels, and no rabbit ear antenna will pick all of that up, they suck depending on where you live.

Three or Four in English, but my point is that if he has good reception, it's not going to cost him more, plus it's easier to program the TV for those channels. I tried clear QAM myself, and gave up quickly. Auto-programming picks up too many channels, including dozens of the commercial feeds. After spending like an hour weeding them out, Verizon remapped tons of channels like a few days later. Last straw. Bought one of those Wineguard flat antennas from Home Depot and that was that.

guppy_fish
Premium Member
join:2003-12-09
Palm Harbor, FL

guppy_fish

Premium Member

I have been using clear QAM for 3+ years, nothing has changes and the channel numbers match station ID's. Now My TV's are newer, older sets don't do the channel mapping, that a software issue with your set, not Verizon's QAM
fishacura
join:2008-01-25
Phoenixville, PA

fishacura to RobertMets12

to RobertMets12
Same here Guppy. In Philly 3-6-10-17-29 etc. The old "rabbit ears" channels along with some of the sub channels.