Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th

Kardinal

Mod

Chris Brown denied entry to Canada; shows cancelled

Chris Brown has been denied entry to Canada and his shows in Montreal and Toronto have been cancelled.

Story: Chris Brown denied entry to Canada before Toronto, Montreal shows

Brown was scheduled to appear at Montreal's Bell Centre on Tuesday night and at Toronto's Air Canada Centre on Wednesday night.

Thank you CBSA for keeping this guy out of the country; he's a convicted criminal (plead guilty to felony assult).

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

1 recommendation

elwoodblues

Premium Member

Stupid promoters are out a shitload of money for not checking first.

Lothario
join:2009-09-30
Ottawa, ON

Lothario to Kardinal

to Kardinal
what is the world coming to when a woman beater can't cross a border to make a paycheque.

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
N of 49th

Kardinal

Mod

If I was the promoter, I would have written in a clause that said if the "artist" (and I use that term loosely) was unable to show for the concert then there would be a penalty paid to the promoter by the "artist". They had to know this had at least a chance of happening.

Most promoters also have insurance for event cancellations (at least, the ones I used to work with/for did).
peterboro (banned)
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned) to Kardinal

to Kardinal
said by Kardinal:

Thank you CBSA for keeping shitty music out of the country...

Fixed.

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
N of 49th

Kardinal

Mod

said by peterboro:

said by Kardinal:

Thank you CBSA for keeping shitty music out of the country...

Fixed.

Well, a sub-fecal material human who makes said music.

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium Member
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS

Anav to Kardinal

Premium Member

to Kardinal
Finally a positive use for Bill C-41, keep the terrorists out.
We do a crappy job of preventing the terrorizing of women by Canadian men, we dont need to import the problem.
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

1 recommendation

PX Eliezer1 to Kardinal

Premium Member

to Kardinal
said by Kardinal:

Chris Brown has been denied entry to Canada and his shows in Montreal and Toronto have been cancelled.

Bill Cosby should be able to cover those concert dates.
mr weather
Premium Member
join:2002-02-27
Mississauga, ON

mr weather to Kardinal

Premium Member

to Kardinal
Can we keep Justin Bieber out the next time he tries to cross the border?

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium Member
join:2005-01-20

Thane_Bitter to PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

to PX Eliezer1
Odd how he cancelled his US tour dates, time has passed and the US media has moved onto other shiny things to report on (namely the Oscars), there is less up roar over what he did.

Xstar_Lumini
join:2008-12-14
CANADA

1 recommendation

Xstar_Lumini to Kardinal

to Kardinal
If Chris Brown had been a cop who assaulted someone or killed an unarmed person I'm sure he would be allowed into Canada.

Does Conrad Black rings a bell? Is this law only for people whose music we hate or also for white billionaire criminals?

LazMan
Premium Member
join:2003-03-26
Beverly Hills, CA

1 recommendation

LazMan

Premium Member

A) Conrad Black wasn't convicted of a violent crime.

B) he's a Canadian citizen... Can't keep him out, without revoking his citizenship - and I don't even know if that's possible.

Chris Brown is a wanna-be thug... Good to see the law being properly, and universally applied.
Riamen
Premium Member
join:2002-11-04
Calgary

Riamen

Premium Member

said by LazMan:

B) he's a Canadian citizen... Can't keep him out, without revoking his citizenship - and I don't even know if that's possible.

Chris Brown is a wanna-be thug... Good to see the law being properly, and universally applied.

Actually Black isn't a citizen, he renounced it years ago. However he's allowed in to Canada by way of a Temporary Resident Permit which can be issued to convicted criminals.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to LazMan

Premium Member

to LazMan
Conrad Black is NOT a Canadian Citizen, he gave that up when Chretien blocked his appointment to the House of Lords.
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1 to Thane_Bitter

Premium Member

to Thane_Bitter
said by Thane_Bitter:

Odd how he (Cosby) cancelled his US tour dates, time has passed and the US media has moved onto other shiny things to report on (namely the Oscars), there is less up roar over what he did.

Not really odd.

Attention spans are shorter than ever and the news cycle is faster than ever.

It's not just Cosby who is now forgotten, it's a thousand other things. The two Malaysian plane crash mysteries, for example.

That was the whole point of the "Wag the Dog" movie. People are easily distracted.

-----

What were we talking about??

AppleGuy
Premium Member
join:2013-09-08
Kitchener, ON

AppleGuy to Kardinal

Premium Member

to Kardinal
Great. Now Homeland Security has a good excuse to keep Justin Bieber out of the USA.

Xstar_Lumini
join:2008-12-14
CANADA

Xstar_Lumini to Riamen

to Riamen
said by Riamen:

said by LazMan:

Actually Black isn't a citizen, he renounced it years ago. However he's allowed in to Canada by way of a Temporary Resident Permit which can be issued to convicted criminals.

Im sure Chris Brown wouldn't get that temporary resident permit because he is not Conrad Black. BTW Chris Brown hurt one person, Conrad Black hurted hundreds by stealing their profits and investments, he is still a criminal... oh and a national apostate to boot yet we received him with open arms.

LazMan
Premium Member
Beverly Hills, CA

LazMan to elwoodblues

Premium Member

to elwoodblues
said by elwoodblues:

Conrad Black is NOT a Canadian Citizen, he gave that up when Chretien blocked his appointment to the House of Lords.

My bad, you are both correct - in the cold and cold-medication induced haze of last night, I totally gapped on the whole peerage mess...

He is still a former Canadian citizen; and a Citizen of the Commonwealth.

I have no real issue with Black being allowed into Canada; Brown, however, well, I'm glad an unapologetic woman-beater with anger issues, was denied entry...

And his 'music' sucks.
telco_mtl
join:2012-01-06

telco_mtl to Xstar_Lumini

to Xstar_Lumini
said by Xstar_Lumini:

hurted

and your use of the queens english is hurting me
telco_mtl

telco_mtl to LazMan

to LazMan
said by LazMan:

I have no real issue with Black being allowed into Canada; Brown, however, well, I'm glad an unapologetic woman-beater with anger issues, was denied entry...

And his 'music' sucks.

AMEN!!
Riamen
Premium Member
join:2002-11-04
Calgary

Riamen to Xstar_Lumini

Premium Member

to Xstar_Lumini
said by Xstar_Lumini:

Im sure Chris Brown wouldn't get that temporary resident permit because he is not Conrad Black.

I'm not so sure about that. If he had thought to apply ahead of time for a permit or visa he probably would have been allowed in. After all he's rich and famous too.

Thousands of TRPs are issued every year to people with criminal records. Black's case wasn't unique.

Ian1
Premium Member
join:2002-06-18
ON

Ian1 to telco_mtl

Premium Member

to telco_mtl
said by telco_mtl:

and your use of the queens english is hurting me

If we're going down that route, sentences start with a capital letter, end with a period, and it should be the Queen's English.

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
N of 49th

1 recommendation

Kardinal

Mod

Yeeeeeaaaaahhhhh.....I'm going to need you guys to go ahead and get back on topic, m'kay? Thanks.

donoreo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

2 recommendations

donoreo

Premium Member

said by Kardinal:

Yeeeeeaaaaahhhhh.....I'm going to need you guys to go ahead and get back on topic, m'kay? Thanks.

Sorry, I was going to post earlier but I had to redo my TPS reports with the new cover page.

LazMan
Premium Member
Beverly Hills, CA

1 recommendation

LazMan

Premium Member

said by donoreo:

said by Kardinal:

Sorry, I was going to post earlier but I had to redo my TPS reports with the new cover page.

That before, or after your meeting with The Bobs?

Now I have to put the movie on - I love working from home...

donoreo
Premium Member
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

It was before the Bobs. My conversation with them was like this: It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.

I do actually feel that way at work. Am I Peter Gibbons?

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium Member

Thane_Bitter to PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

to PX Eliezer1
So why cancel his shows?

I wonder if the audience was getting rowdy and combative.

donoreo
Premium Member
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

said by Thane_Bitter:

So why cancel his shows?

I wonder if the audience was getting rowdy and combative.

Since he cannot come into the country he cannot actually do the shows. Not sure what you mean, unless you mean why cancel and not reschedule?

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium Member

Thane_Bitter

Premium Member

Sorry I was talking about Bill Cosby cancelling the remainder of his US tour.

Brown's handlers should have figured out his criminal convictions would have posted a problem and looked into it sooner. I mean do they actually think Canada Boarder Services is going to bend the rules for him, come on.
mr weather
Premium Member
join:2002-02-27
Mississauga, ON

mr weather

Premium Member

Many celebrities have this belief that the rules for the masses somehow don't apply to them.

Glad he got bitch-slapped by CBSA.