spc
Search similar:

uniqs
superblast
join:2015-02-24
usa

superblast

Returning equipment to Verizon

Does anyone know if I can just drop off equipment at the UPS store or do I need to call Verizon and announce that I'm returning equipment?

I'm using a cable card and my own router and would like to return their STB and router. Unfortunately, none of the Verizon stores around here take equipment returns or I would go that route.
Sparky19053
join:2011-10-03
Feasterville Trevose, PA

Sparky19053

You can request UPS call tags and boxes online when you sign in to myverizon.net. Being careful I requested one return each day and retuned one device per box/ ups tracking. This way there was chance VZ would say they did not receive all four boxes
Shady Bimmer
Premium Member
join:2001-12-03

Shady Bimmer to superblast

Premium Member

to superblast
Yes you can take your equipment to any UPS location. They will pack and ship it back to Verizon at no cost.

Beware of requesting boxes be sent to you by VZ. Others in this forum have noted they had been charged to have empty boxes and return labels shipped to them.
bsangs
join:2002-08-21
Montclair, NJ

bsangs to superblast

to superblast
Yes, they take care of everything. You don't even need boxes. Just be sure to get a receipt with a tracking number.
superblast
join:2015-02-24
usa

superblast

Thanks everyone. I read all the posts I could find on the subject and noticed a lot of reports of Verizon losing equipment that was shipped to them so I appreciate all the advice.
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

ansky to Shady Bimmer

to Shady Bimmer
said by Shady Bimmer:

Yes you can take your equipment to any UPS location. They will pack and ship it back to Verizon at no cost.

Beware of requesting boxes be sent to you by VZ. Others in this forum have noted they had been charged to have empty boxes and return labels shipped to them.

The last time I had empty boxes shipped to me I was not charged. But it took at least 2 weeks for the boxes to show up.
kenwvt
join:2011-05-18
Chelmsford, MA

kenwvt to superblast

to superblast
they take forever to process so your bill will be wrong for several months. I will never do that again, I will pay the fee and drop off at the verizon store a few towns away.
bsangs
join:2002-08-21
Montclair, NJ

bsangs

said by kenwvt:

they take forever to process so your bill will be wrong for several months. I will never do that again, I will pay the fee and drop off at the verizon store a few towns away.

There's no fee anymore btw.
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

ansky to kenwvt

to kenwvt
said by kenwvt:

Not necessarily true. I returned my boxes using the prepaid label. They were received at Verizon the next day and I got a return confirmation about 3 days after that.

BosGuy
@myvzw.com

BosGuy

Anon

It is very true. I returned mine as you did and received an email confirmation a few days later as well. HOWEVER- when my next bill came it was a bloody mess and they were overcharging me by over $100 for equipment rental fees for equipment that I didn't even have. I called and spoke to the reps and they said that it can take a few billing cycles to straighten out. I told them that I had a confirmation that they received the equipment and there was no way I was paying them for equipment that I didn't have. It's not my fault that their billing system doesn't interface with their warehouse system. To make a long story short I wasted 3 plus hours of my time going back and forth with representatives and being told that a supervisor would call me back (they never did). I finally got it straightened out using their online forum. It was a royal PAIN!
tex_ka95
join:2014-12-29
White Plains, NY

tex_ka95 to superblast

to superblast
I plan on upgrading to Quantum soon, but I'm concerned about being able to watch what is recorded on my existing DVR before returning it. Can someone tell me the process I should follow to ensure I can do this?

I lost my FIOS signal for a couple of days and after a while it wouldn't even allow me to watch my recordings so I know I need to keep it hooked up somewhere.

Is it just a matter of keeping the old DVR hooked somewhere so it can get a signal?

Branch
:D
Premium Member
join:2014-07-22
VHO 4

Branch

Premium Member

You cannot transfer DVR recordings and cannot have an old DVR with Quantum TV. If you get Quantum TV you will lose your recordings.
crgauth
join:2004-05-18
Glen Burnie, MD

crgauth to tex_ka95

to tex_ka95
You can't keep the DVR hooked up to the coax at the same time as the Quantum hardware.
But if you leave the DVR powered up, you can connect to an alternate input on your TV and continue to watch what you have recorded. I did it when I upgraded to Quanutm.
Be careful, because if it loses power, you can't watch it anymore.
And you only have 30 days to return old equipment or will pay for both.
I would give yourself at least a week for it to ship back.

birdsofprey0
@63.239.65.x

birdsofprey0

Anon

I just cancelled my FIOS because we're moving temporarily... I'd like to drop off the equipment rather than wait for boxes. Any idea exactly what I need to take back? DirecTV just wanted one of my boxes, didn't care about cables/accessories, I feel like it was the same with Comcast years ago.

I have the remotes, my three HD boxes incl. power cables, and wifi router that came from vz. Do I need to pull the battery backup piece off of the wall too? What about the HD cables, I don't even remember what VZ gave me as I used all of my own HDMI cables.
Myzteziz
join:2014-06-26
Port Richey, FL

Myzteziz

said by birdsofprey0 :

I just cancelled my FIOS because we're moving temporarily... I'd like to drop off the equipment rather than wait for boxes. Any idea exactly what I need to take back? DirecTV just wanted one of my boxes, didn't care about cables/accessories, I feel like it was the same with Comcast years ago.

I have the remotes, my three HD boxes incl. power cables, and wifi router that came from vz. Do I need to pull the battery backup piece off of the wall too? What about the HD cables, I don't even remember what VZ gave me as I used all of my own HDMI cables.

All that you need to return is the 3 boxes with the power cables and the router (unless you bought it off of them). That is all. Keep the remotes. Depending on how old the router is, if its a very old model you may not have to even return that. What router model do you have?

birdsofprey0
@63.239.65.x

birdsofprey0

Anon

Thanks for the info! I will save the remotes because once we move out of temp housing and into a new home, we'll be signing up for FIOS again and extra remotes laying around probably helpful with our little two year old thief running around the house. The modem/router is the Actiontec M1424WR. I didn't buy it from vz, was probably getting a rental charge.
Myzteziz
join:2014-06-26
Port Richey, FL

Myzteziz

said by birdsofprey0 :

Thanks for the info! I will save the remotes because once we move out of temp housing and into a new home, we'll be signing up for FIOS again and extra remotes laying around probably helpful with our little two year old thief running around the house. The modem/router is the Actiontec M1424WR. I didn't buy it from vz, was probably getting a rental charge.

There are different revisions of the Actiontec's. If it is the rev. i with the red band they will defiantly want it back.