MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

4 recommendations

Kilroy

MVM

Finger print or we turn off your cell phone

Pakistanis face a deadline: Surrender fingerprints or give up cellphone

Wonder when this is coming to the US. I'm sure we can improve on it by making DNA sampling mandatory too.

I can do without a cell phone. I wonder how many would give up their cell phone.
HELLFIRE
MVM
join:2009-11-25

1 recommendation

HELLFIRE

MVM

One Word... Yikes!

Regards

StuartMW
Premium Member
join:2000-08-06

2 recommendations

StuartMW to Kilroy

Premium Member

to Kilroy
said by Kilroy:

Wonder when this is coming to the US.

Soon I'd guess.

IMO none of this is going to stop until the "I have nothing to hide/just keep me safe" crowd grow a brain and realize where this is all going.
Sentinel
Premium Member
join:2001-02-07
Florida

Sentinel to Kilroy

Premium Member

to Kilroy
Years ago I read 1984 for the first time and I wondered how the government was going to force people to get devices that they carried that kept track of their conversations and location at all times and how they were going to get TVs in everyone's homes that kept track of what you watched, watched you and forced you to have programming that only the state approved. I could not conceive of how the government would be able to force this on us.

Now I see that the government will never be able to force this on us. They don't need to. When the new iPhone comes out we run to the store and line up begging them to take our money. We beg to have the new smart TV and Xbox control that is essentially a sonar that tracks your movements within the home. Or EZ-pass toll tags or GPS that track us constantly.

In short, we are not asking for it ... we're begging for it loudly and it is not costing them a penny. We are taking out loans to pay for it ourselves.

Blackbird
Built for Speed
Premium Member
join:2005-01-14
Fort Wayne, IN

2 recommendations

Blackbird to StuartMW

Premium Member

to StuartMW
said by StuartMW:

... IMO none of this is going to stop until the "I have nothing to hide/just keep me safe" crowd grow a brain and realize where this is all going.

That point is most generally reached when the door kicked in by the "authorities" at 4 AM is their own and not that of the neighbor down the street. Thus it has always been... and thus it always will be. It's one of the saddest and timeless observations about human nature one can ever make...

StuartMW
Premium Member
join:2000-08-06

StuartMW to Sentinel

Premium Member

to Sentinel
said by Sentinel:

In short, we are not asking for it ... we're begging for it loudly and it is not costing them a penny.

Yup. I've made the point before that the cell/mobille phone aka tracking 24/7/365 device would've been invented by the 3-letter agencies except they were beaten to it by private industry. All they have to do nowadays is just collect all the data 'for future reference". And the victims pay for it all themselves. Even George Orwell (1984 author) couldn't have foreseen that.
dave
Premium Member
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio

dave to Kilroy

Premium Member

to Kilroy
I'm keeping my cellphone. The US government already has my dabs.

sivran
Vive Vivaldi
Premium Member
join:2003-09-15
Irving, TX

1 recommendation

sivran to Sentinel

Premium Member

to Sentinel
Huxley was right, and Orwell's world is a utopia by comparison.

Snowy
Lock him up!!!
Premium Member
join:2003-04-05
Kailua, HI

Snowy to Kilroy

Premium Member

to Kilroy
I wonder how they will fingerprint the segment of the populace that have previously had their hands or fingers chopped off?

One thing for sure, it makes hand free operation a must have.

19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude
join:2003-08-04

19579823 (banned) to dave

to dave

Just get a fake findgerprint dave and use that!!! (You can find them all over the place)

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member
join:2004-06-21

1 recommendation

Anonymous_ to Sentinel

Premium Member

to Sentinel

Re: Finger print or we turn off your cell phone

actually the iphone has a finger print reader on it

So it's all ready here in the USA
Anonymous_

Anonymous_ to Snowy

Premium Member

to Snowy
toe print?
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude
join:2003-08-04

19579823 (banned) to Kilroy

to Kilroy

Yup...People are unknowingly having thier fingerprint added to a database!! (Most wouldnt care if they knew!!)

Snowy
Lock him up!!!
Premium Member
Kailua, HI

Snowy

Premium Member

said by 19579823:

(Most wouldnt care if they knew!!)

I don't particularly mind having my prints being on record.
It's a lot more efficient than having to provide a fresh set every time my alibi is questionable.
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd to StuartMW

Premium Member

to StuartMW

said by StuartMW:

said by Kilroy:

Wonder when this is coming to the US.

Soon I'd guess.

IMO none of this is going to stop until the "I have nothing to hide/just keep me safe" crowd grow a brain and realize where this is all going.

I have nothing to hide, But if any authority wants data I have not transmitted they will need to present a warrant.

I may have nothing to hide, But as long as the US has the 4th Amendment its my right to hide it anyway.

Its why I commend the two primary moble OS vendors for finally turning on device encryption by default. The way its made the justice department squirm tells me something is right.

Boricua
Premium Member
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto

1 recommendation

Boricua

Premium Member

Except for the 4th amendment didn't stop the NSA from snooping .

Kilroy
MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy to Snowy

MVM

to Snowy

Re: ‏

said by Snowy:

I don't particularly mind having my prints being on record.

My prints are on record as I was a member of the military and worked for a bank, so the horse has left the barn for me. DNA on the other hand has not been supplied, not to say that it has not be covertly collected.

Majestik
World Traveler
Premium Member
join:2001-05-11
Tulsa, OK

Majestik to dave

Premium Member

to dave

said by dave:

I'm keeping my cellphone. The US government already has my dabs.

I am as well. The Feds already have my prints and retinas.
My first fingerprint was taken when I applied for a mail sorting job for the USPS. On record with the NRC from working with radioactive isotopes,classified work in the Air Force,airport SIDA badge,FAA,NTSB,NSA,passport,and even fingerprinted now for drivers license.
scelli (banned)
Four More Years!
join:1999-08-07
FLOT/FEBA

scelli (banned) to Kilroy

to Kilroy

Re: ‏

said by Kilroy:

My prints are on record as I was a member of the military and worked for a bank, so the horse has left the barn for me. DNA on the other hand has not been supplied, not to say that it has not be covertly collected.

Same here...except for the bank part.

I enlisted in 1970 and those who were in the military around that time will recall DoD was in the midst of making the massive changeover where a recruit's service number would also be their SS#. In addition you may also recall on the rear of the Armed Forces of the United States ID cards (in my case it was a DD-2MC) were the service member's fingerprints.

merlock
Premium Member
Warner Robins, GA

merlock to Kilroy

Premium Member

to Kilroy

My prints are also out there...(GA DL, active USAF, DoD civilian). I'm not convinced that my DNA wasn't collected via the multitude of drug (piss) tests.