Frank_IT
Premium Member
join:2003-11-01
Montreal

Frank_IT

Premium Member

[General] SIP Provider

Good day,

I presently have a PRI for my lines, connected to a Freepbx box.

I have also 2 toll free number, that are with different local provider. I'm looking to move them to a SIP provider, to save fee.

Which provider can you suggest me, for business use.

Thanks
Frank
Mango
Use DMZ and you get a kick in the dick.
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

Mango

Premium Member

I see from your profile that you're in Montreal. VoIP.ms has a PoP in Montreal which may be useful for you.

You may also wish to investigate another Canadian service provider: »www.teliphone.com/en/bus ··· nes.html . I'm not sure what their pricing for toll-free is like as they don't have a great deal of information online. Perhaps you could let us know if you find out.
Stewart
join:2005-07-13

1 recommendation

Stewart to Frank_IT

to Frank_IT
In addition to those mentioned by Mango, take a look at:
»www.anveodirect.com/pric ··· tollfree
»www.flowroute.com/voice/ ··· ollfree/
»www.vitelity.com/services_voip/
»www.sigmavoip.com/index.htm

If you're looking for really low cost, check:
»www.alcazarnetworks.com/ ··· n_tf.php
(I have used them for termination only but put them aside because of recent quality issues. I don't know whether incoming is affected.)

If most of your traffic is from US, also see:
»www.callcentric.com/dids ··· _numbers

Before porting your number(s), I recommend getting a new TF number for testing. The setup and monthly costs are very low; consider evaluating two or more.

For best reliability, choose a provider that is their own resporg, so your calls can be quickly rerouted in case of a carrier outage.
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1 to Frank_IT

Premium Member

to Frank_IT
said by Stewart:

For best reliability, choose a provider that is their own resporg, so your calls can be quickly rerouted in case of a carrier outage.

OP, if you don't happen to know what a RespOrg is, they are folks who actually control a toll-free number, they play a similar role to a CLEC/ILEC for a regular phone number.

CallCentric is a RespOrg through their Telengy subsidiary.
Vitelity is through their VCLS unit.
FlowRoute is as well.

Not sure about the others (up or down).
Mango
Use DMZ and you get a kick in the dick.
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

Mango

Premium Member

Teliphone is (via Navigata).
79176722 (banned)
VoIP.ms, Magento, and lotsa open tabs
join:2015-02-19
Miami, FL

79176722 (banned)

The question is cost/benefit. How much more expensive it would be to choose that more reliable provider for your toll-free #, and whether it's worth it for what he brings to the table.

IOW, if non-RespOrg providers historically have 99.99% reliability, and the audio quality of the line is indistinguishable, but they're 50% cheaper (just throwing figures), I personally wouldn't bother with a RespOrg provider.

If, OTOH, the cost difference is insignificant, then I'd jump on the opportunity to boost reliability.