Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

4 edits

rody_44 to anonwhy

Premium Member

to anonwhy

Re: After school surprise - car hit

NYPD storage 20 a day, U STORE IT charge 60 a month, you 75 a day. All =secure storage. But we are not talking about a impounded car here. Well technically it is because you are basically holding the car hostage because the insurance company cant remove the car without the owners permission. What part of i give my insurance permission to get it out of there ASAP dont you understand. My car is out of your shop that day if the accident is in the morning which it always has been. Its sitting at faulkler where my insurance isnt paying anything. If and when the accident is at night time my insurance company will be out there the very next day. What part of that do you not understand. Doesnt matter how all of your local companies get away with bilking the insurance companies the 75 a day. Again thats my point. Look at what the other rates are. Shit its 55.00 a day less to store a impounded car. Whats wrong with that picture and with these fees the car owner is never even going to see because the insurance companies pay you directly. Your well the owner is probably in the hospital anyway. AGAIN my point. you do it because you can. I make sure you cant because i dont play along. NY isnt that the insurance premium capitol of the world? They should change the law. Maybe go a little further and allow whos paying the bill to have some control over where the cars stored. Im sure the insurance company would love to store it at another yard over yours. Maybe even the impound yard, After all thats 55.00 a day cheaper. I will rest the tow charge aspect with asking you how many people came in and paid you cash 75.00 a day to store a car. Unless you had a contract with the city allowing you to do it i already know the answer is NONE. Mind if i ask if your storage fee is 75 a day whats your rollover fee? and gate unlocking fee?

This is just the tow end of the accident. Something i will tell you is i worked for Dickenson Fleet services which was a spinoff of Ryder Rentals. While i was in the mechanical end of it. Dickenson did and does have body shops that employ well over 150 employees. So i know very well every end of this deal. Knowing how it works and knowing at the end of the day i only end up having my car repaired i dont play along. I dont subscribe to the well your insurance company is paying it anyway logic.

Feel free to start a conversation of how when no tow is involved. When your sitting there writing that so called free estimate out and really just throwing a sales pitch to get work from the customer. How you telling them your waiving that insurance deductible or if you didnt use that sales pitch you use we will work with you is going to cause them headaches and make you lots of money. Again i dont play along. I do whats best for me and could care less how much you line your pocket. Its in my best interests to keep my insurance companies interests in mind. In the ops case hes playing your game and yea his insurance isnt going to be on the hook. Because the others driver insurance is going to foot the biill. Sorry by the end of the day you give the customer a splinter and you take the bone. I will play the game with my insurance company and take more than that splinter.

rody_44

4 edits

rody_44 to billydunwood

Premium Member

to billydunwood
20 years paint peels i wouldnt have the balls to ask for a warranty repair. Im way to happy with the actual work i get from faulkner to pull that. But you have to keep in mind the warranty is from progressive and faulkner so yea if it peels i could insist and they would have to repaint it. Only really ever used the warranty once tho to be honest and that was a for a front wheel bearing. Even if faulkner didnt want to do it which i doubt, Progressive would make them and faulkner is losing a contract that equates to thousands of cars for one paint job. Its a contract warranty of life time satisfaction.

Actual body work really is just replacing panels anyway anymore tho with faulkner. Every thing just gets replaced. Not sure if thats because they are dealership oriented or if its a evolution of repairs. Dickenson repaired things. At least at faulkner if it doesnt push or pull right out they just replace it. As of now what i view as lifetime meaning lifetime is pretty well my whole front end mechanically wise. Just as you purchase a tool from sears and have a lifetime warranty and expect it honored. I expect my axles, bearings, control arms, power steering components replaced lifetime. The only time i used it was for a front wheel bearing. Called up they had a car sitting there wife picked the rental up and picked the car back up next day. But really i only keep the wifes car 4 or 5 years. Shes on like 5 or 6 accidents with this one so it spent pretty much time in the body shop. That means we will get at least 5 years out of this car. But the warranty could be beneficial to others.

How many body shops even offer a free rental with warranty work? The way i do it i get it. Its actually why most people will make out. Car needs work and you get a free rental. Its a written guarantee. I dont even carry rental car insurance but still get it. Insurance company always waives my deductible anyway. Thats not a written promise tho on any accidents so i keep that in mind. That and my premiums is my only motivation. All these accidents and i still only pay around 1100 a year for 2 vehicles. They got fully reimbursed for all but 2 accidents with this car. The one where she ran into the side of the guy was shared responsibility and one where the guy did a total of 35,000 dollars damage and he only had 5 thousand property coverage. Underinsured, I dont carry underinsured coverage either. Every accident has had my deductible waived. I view insurance as insurance against major losses and thats what my coverage reflects. Protecting my insurance company takes care of the rest. Every accident with this car has resulted in free rental cars and deductible waived even tho i carry coverage for neither. The warranty and future free rentals are just a perk.

My wifes not a defensive driver at all and she drives a lot. Someone changes lanes and shes in the blind spot shes staying there. Someone making a left and trying to beat her out. Shes hitting them head on. Someone making a left in front of her and they have a delayed green and dont know they have a delayed green shes running into the side of them (she says she knew they had delayed green and was looking left). A out of control truck coming sideways in the snow, shes taking the hit. The list goes on and on. She is actually a decent driver, just not defensive at all.