uniqs

Kilroy
MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy

MVM

6.1 Pet Battles Hosed?

The more Pet Battles I do, the more problems I see. This morning I was doing my daily pet battles and noticed that my Ruby Droplet wasn't getting XP, despite delivering the final blow to one of the pets. I got a whole 62 XP when the Ruby Droplet was the sole survivor.

Sandstorm now only provides the 10% miss chance, all damage mitigation has been removed, but the tool tip has not changed.

Has anyone else seen Pet Battle issues since 6.1 dropped?

DasGoat
join:2013-02-12
Charleston, WV

DasGoat

I've noticed the XP being kinda low (less than 100) in the daily quest for doing that fight. I've only done it once but it seemed a lot easier than before.
Chuck_IV
join:2003-11-18
Connecticut

Chuck_IV

It's probably lower because from what many have told me, they made, at least the daily and Menagerie opening quest a LOT easier. I never did the menagerie opening quest till 6.1 and it only took me ONE lvl 25 to kill all 3 of the creatures and I didn't even have to swap pets during any of the fights... my friends were stunned because one of them had failed several times prior to 6.1 since he didn't have the proper pets to matchup. He went and did the quest with ease in 6.1.

saillaw
Premium Member
join:2007-05-08
Dismay

saillaw to Kilroy

Premium Member

to Kilroy
I did a daily the other day against a ghost goat. It litterally oneshot two of my lvl 25 pets (I think it was the terrible turnip and the spirit of competition). I'm not sure what ability that was but, it sucks to get one shot before you get even one move (the ghost goat went first). Something seemed broken there.
liquoranne
join:2009-01-14

liquoranne to Kilroy

to Kilroy
So im not experiencing what the OP is talking bout, but one thing i didnt notice in the patch notes was the free lvl 25 pet each level 3 garrison provides. I stopped pet battleing due to the time it was taking in outlands. Once a guildie told me about the free 25 pet stones, i did that on my 3 toons and bam...3 lvl 25 pets. I did 2 mechanical and 1 beast for the critters that are outside horde garrisons. Now i can level lvl 1 pet to 25 in 45 mins. Its pretty awesome. Finally get to work pets now.
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar

I'm still waiting for my level 25 pet token in the mail, do I need to have another 25? or what are the requirements?

Kilroy
MVM
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy

MVM

You don't get it in the mail. Go to the menagerie person and get the quest to get the item from over by the mine. Return the item to the menagerie to get the level 25 stone. Or at least this is how the Alliance version works. I don't have a level 100 Horde yet.
liquoranne
join:2009-01-14

liquoranne

Horde works the same way. Takes 15s to get an instant 25 pet.

Feralmordius
join:2011-01-18

Feralmordius to Kilroy

to Kilroy
Good job blizz. For once one of there schemes to loop players back into do something actually panned out. I wasted so much time last night on Pet Battling. Something I swore I wouldn't do. Free 25, sure why not. Least now I can buy level 25s of the AH and use them.
Chuck_IV
join:2003-11-18
Connecticut

Chuck_IV to liquoranne

to liquoranne
said by liquoranne:

So im not experiencing what the OP is talking bout, but one thing i didnt notice in the patch notes was the free lvl 25 pet each level 3 garrison provides. I stopped pet battleing due to the time it was taking in outlands. Once a guildie told me about the free 25 pet stones, i did that on my 3 toons and bam...3 lvl 25 pets. I did 2 mechanical and 1 beast for the critters that are outside horde garrisons. Now i can level lvl 1 pet to 25 in 45 mins. Its pretty awesome. Finally get to work pets now.

Yep, me to a T. I gave up leveling my pets cause it was a PITA to me, since I neglected pet battles past pet lvl 5 or so. So getting a pet to 25 was tedious. However getting a couple to 25 for free, has made me want to do pet battles now. I did so many, I hit the 150 needed to open the lvl 3 Menagerie in a couple days.

I'm leveling an alt now and picking up blue pets all over the place now cause every little paw I see on my map, I wanna fight and wallop with my lvl 25'

As much as I don't like what Blizzard did with many things in this x-pak, this is one thing I thank Blizzard for.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to Feralmordius

Premium Member

to Feralmordius
said by Feralmordius:

Good job blizz.

+1

Kilroy
MVM
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy to Feralmordius

MVM

to Feralmordius
Hmm, maybe I should start putting some up. I have a ton of "extra" pets, about three guild bank pages, from the merger.

Zyncotl
Zed X
Premium Member
join:2002-09-13
Wayne, MI

Zyncotl to Kilroy

Premium Member

to Kilroy
There is a pet battle with Archimedes in the mix. If you have a nexus whelpling, the pandaren water spirit, and chromaggus you can level a pet from 5 to 25 in about 10-12 minutes.

Kilroy
MVM
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy

MVM

I'm doing the garrison pet battle daily on nine toons and I'm just using the stones to make rares and level. I'm down to like 30 pets that aren't rare.

DasGoat
join:2013-02-12
Charleston, WV

DasGoat to Kilroy

to Kilroy
There's a daily pet battle (Ashlei) in Shadowmoon Valley you can fight to level pets. I'll use my Onyian Whelpling (Dragonkin) and two other pets I want to level up. You can bring out your two pets you want to level and get a hit with them on Doodle without worrying about their death.

Thaler
Premium Member
join:2004-02-02
Los Angeles, CA

Thaler to Kilroy

Premium Member

to Kilroy
I'd complain about the exp loss...but then again, w/ Garrisons & 2 toons, I can level any pet I want 9 + 16 = 25 levels every 3 days. I wouldn't bother leveling another pet the normal way now.

Cat5
join:2013-04-26

Cat5

said by Thaler:

I'd complain about the exp loss...but then again, w/ Garrisons & 2 toons, I can level any pet I want 9 + 16 = 25 levels every 3 days. I wouldn't bother leveling another pet the normal way now.

If you farm the Pandaria Tamers you can get roughly 3 pets to 25 each day.
vic6string
join:2014-11-19
Miami, FL

vic6string

Yeah, Panda land is the place to level pets quickly. I haven't done any pet stuff since 6.1, though, and supposedly they broke Anubisath Idol which is the king of pet leveling pets. Actually, if you want to level toons via pet battles, that is the place to go too. I leveled a couple of toons from the mid 80s to 90 via nothing but pet battles there, while leveling pets.

Kilroy
MVM
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy

MVM

Well, it looks like they fixed the garrison pet battle experience issue. I got 7K XP for my Ruby Droplet this morning. I think that will be my main way of boosting pets as they have nerfed the battles. Since I'm now going to be running 10 toons through the garrison battle daily, at least until my herd is maxed out, this should do.

I may go back to Pandaria and see if Sandstorm has been fixed. I'll use that to level pets and Horde toons. The three I had doing pet battles are up to level 93 with just the base garrison built.
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar to DasGoat

to DasGoat
I've gotten so far 5 of the free level 25 token for pets.. so you can have tons of 25 w/o even doing any fighting! (imagine the guy that has 50 level 100s can level 50 pets to 25 for free)

Kilroy
MVM
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy

MVM

I've gotten 10 so far, and expect to get my 11th this weekend. I'm planning on using the garrison pet battles to make all of my pets rare, first, and then level them. Right no I'm running it on 10 toons, so that is 56 tokens per week, so three or four rare stones per toon, per week. Then I'll be getting the leveling stones, 18 per toon, per week.

I'm not really happy that they nerfed pet battles. With the free 25 people can purchase pets off of the auction house to make a viable team and work on getting the right pets like the rest of us have.

Last I checked I was number 10 on Warcraft Pets Nazgrel (Magnif).