Search similar:

uniqs

FredP
@bhn.net

FredP

Anon

Internet

Click for full size
I pay for lightning 75 and this is from a wired desktop computer routed through an Asus RT-N66R. Nothing else is currently going because this internet speed causes anything that I want to do to go soooo slow.

I had similar problems in the past and took about a 2 or 3 year break from Brighthouse Internet for Comcast. I came back because Internet only pricing was getting ridiculous. I figured that, by now, Brighthouse would have gotten these problems fixed....apparently I was wrong! We tried to fix it then which didn't work. I wrote to the office of the president at Brighthouse on my way out informing him of the problems in my area. Obviously that fixed nothing...so back to Comcast I go. It just takes nights like these to remind me why Comcast pricing is worth it.

gigahurtz
Premium Member
join:2001-10-20
USA

gigahurtz

Premium Member

Wow, those are pretty bad. Have you tried posting in the direct forums: »/fo ··· sedirect
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to FredP

Premium Member

to FredP
Fred can't help you until I get that post
BHNtechXpert

BHNtechXpert to FredP

Premium Member

to FredP
Fred?

weaseled386
join:2008-04-13
Edgewater, FL

weaseled386 to FredP

to FredP
The majority of the time (as in almost every case) the issue is between the tap and the wall plates. Get a truck rolling... its free if they find anything or not. The most common issues:

- Rodents chewing on the line.
- Loose connections.
- Bad splitters.
- Splitters not passing proper frequencies.
- Old connectors.

Every single one of those will kill your downstream speeds by allowing FM radio stations to bleed in.

FredP
@bhn.net

FredP to BHNtechXpert

Anon

to BHNtechXpert
Click for full size
I appreciate the offer but you and I have had this dance in the past. I gave you what I feel like was about a month (it may not have been that long, I really have no idea). I bought the new network cable that you requested from Home Depot, you sent a new modem, my computer ran 24 hours per day to keep tests going, etc. You could see a problem but swore up and down that it wasn't an oversold node...I swore that it was because everything worked fine before I switched to Brighthouse. The problem never actually got solved...and obviously still isn't solved. You got mad when I put in the port out request for my phone number to Comcast and I got mad that you got mad. I am not doing that dance again. To me, it's worth the extra money.

A bit better tonight but still not as advertised.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

1 edit

BHNtechXpert to FredP

Premium Member

to FredP
said by FredP :

The problem never actually got solved...and obviously still isn't solved. You got mad when I put in the port out request for my phone number to Comcast and I got mad that you got mad. I am not doing that dance again. To me, it's worth the extra money.

There have been no posts from you in direct under this username and frankly I don't remember ever having such an encounter with you. I assure you I would not be angry if you ported out to Comcast. That is purely your decision and frankly all I care about is that our product works and you are happy, if we can't make you happy certainly you are encouraged to find a provider that will (we can't make everyone happy...it happens sometimes). If you were put on MCS (the 24 hour thing) then I was on the way to resolving it...if you become uncooperative or unwilling to see it through the end there is nothing more I can do for you. As many over the years have seen sometimes things aren't black and white and take considerable effort in getting them resolved. Your patience and a little bit of time is all that I ask from you.
BHNtechXpert

1 edit

BHNtechXpert to FredP

Premium Member

to FredP
Fred or should I call you Brian. Let me refresh your memory a bit. »Internet Speed Problems - Orlando - The period was two weeks three days not including several gaps and yes there was a lot of back n forth. Despite all efforts (and there was a ton of effort, an unreal amount of man hours in fact...virtually everything tried and then some) I was unable to duplicate your experience after a point and make you happy and you went a different route and your thread was closed.

At no time did I communicate any displeasure with you at all about your talking about going back to Comcast, in fact I didn't react to it all I was busy working your issue.

About the same time you mentioned that several folks in your community facebook page mentioned having the same problem. I found those posts and immediately reached out to your community manager and also our representative that handles your area to ensure that every individual on that page had their issues addressed.

While I don't mind (but disappointed) that you declined assistance here having obviously not moved to Comcast as you said were going to. I do mind that you created a situation revolving around me that never happened (re: the Comcast thing you mentioned above) so for the record there was no anger disaplayed whatsoever in your having started the process to move to Comcast...it never happened. I knew there was something very wrong this....
Expand your moderator at work

FredP
@comcast.net

FredP

Anon

Re: Internet

There was definitely some back and forth and I can tell you that I did not leave with a good taste in my mouth of you or the process. Here is the facebook page that you obviously didn't find...

»www.facebook.com/groups/ ··· rkvoice/

I know it's closed, get yourself accepted and then do a search for Brighthouse. See how many of my neighbors also feel about your service.

No worries now though, I am back with Comcast. They even cut me a better price.

gigahurtz
Premium Member
join:2001-10-20
USA

gigahurtz

Premium Member

said by FredP :

There was definitely some back and forth and I can tell you that I did not leave with a good taste in my mouth of you or the process. Here is the facebook page that you obviously didn't find...

I know it's closed, get yourself accepted and then do a search for Brighthouse. See how many of my neighbors also feel about your service.

Competition is a good thing. What are you paying for that service with promotion and after?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to FredP

Premium Member

to FredP
said by FredP :

I absolutely did find it and stated that above along with the actions taken. Your insistence on morphing the facts is as perplexing now as it was then when trying to work with you. Wish you all the best however.

FredP
@comcast.net

FredP

Anon

Comcast is charging me $50 per month for that speed. I get that price for a year and it will probably at least double come the expiration of my promotion although I am not sure of the exact price.

Maybe you did find that site You ought to get active on it again. My favorite post was on January 21st of this year and is as follows:
'Anyone else in Avalon without Brighthouse (Aka Roadrunner) internet? If yes, Any ideas how long it will be down?'
One of the responses:
'Mine is always down, I'm about to fire the Road Runner.'

Another from January 10th...32 responses...
'We moved to Avalon in August and have Brighthouse for the internet. We've been having such problems with it the past few months. Who is a good internet provider for this area? Thanks!'
(Not me)'Switched to comcast in September after multiple problems with Brighthouse. We have not had any problems Since the switch.'
'We're in south village as well. The internet often doesn't work and when it does it's very slow. If I reset everything, it'll work well for an hour or so and then slows down again.'

I can go on and on...this is all copied and pasted. Again, I'd suggest you get active in the 1500+ member group because you seem to have a lot of unhappy customers.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by FredP :

Maybe you did find that site You ought to get active on it again. My favorite post was on January 21st of this year and is as follows:
'Anyone else in Avalon without Brighthouse (Aka Roadrunner) internet? If yes, Any ideas how long it will be down?'

No there was no maybe about it Brian. You were told that I found them and that I personally contacted your property manager and your account rep for the property who has been working them. It's in the text back n forth Brian. All this however is moot now, you are Comcasts customer good to luck to you. I trust we will see you in their forums.

FredP
@comcast.net

FredP

Anon

Click for full size
Comcast doesn't need to see me in their forum because the service simply works. And I am still a Brighthouse TV customer...my HOA pays for much of it and I have very little say in that.

The posts that I quoted are from this year. January 21st, 2015. January 10, 2015. I understand how it can be confusing because the problems are all the same and continuing. I don't see any followups from you, the community manager, or any Brighthouse representative.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by FredP :

The posts that I quoted are from this year. January 21st, 2015. January 10, 2015. I understand how it can be confusing because the problems are all the same and continuing. I don't see any followups from you, the community manager, or any Brighthouse representative.

Facebook does not permit interactions this way...it's a great way to get yourself banned (meaning a commercial entity). They are contacted directly. Again this really isn't your issue anymore Brian. As we have done in the past we have and will reach out to them directly.