spc
Search similar:

uniqs
TheShazzah
join:2015-02-19
United State

TheShazzah

[Connectivity] Trying to access signal strength on a Hitron CGN-SDL Modem

I am trying to access my signal strength page for my Hitron CGN-SDL modem that was supplied to me by Suddenlink. I googled it and have tried the 192.168.100.1 with no success. That address brings me to the same Hitron login screen as 192.168.0.1. I was wondering if anyone could help me with this.

Chubbzie
join:2014-02-11
Greenville, NC

Chubbzie

Did you try to login with the following credentials?

Username: cusadmin
Password: password
TheShazzah
United State

TheShazzah

Yes, but once logged on I don't see any place available for viewing signal strength in the line.
TheShazzah

TheShazzah

Bump. Still can't access my signals.
TheShazzah

TheShazzah

Bump, I really want to see the number of Downstream and Upstream channels.

Goodluckdude
@suddenlink.net

Goodluckdude

Anon

I have worked on 3 hitrons all the same. I don't know the model. All I know is here they are for the Internet with wifi customers. Who are ignorant to the internet and dont know after 2 months they could pay off a basic wifi unit. Instead renting a modem/wifi combo unit. And all 3 of them don't have it. Considering nobody has replied it may be the same case for others.
Is yours one of those magical suddenly supplied combo units?

moldypickle
Premium Member
join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA
ARRIS SB8200
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-nanoHD

moldypickle to TheShazzah

Premium Member

to TheShazzah
Honestly, if you're interested in saving money and having better hardware, you need to go purchase a D3 modem and a wireless router as separate devices. The cost will be covered in saved fees in about a year, and you'll have full control over your network (obviously minus the cable modem). This will also guarantee that you'll be able to see the standard status pages that people tend to link on here.
TheShazzah
United State

TheShazzah

Thank you both for the replies. I think I will do that. I already own a fairly good router, but will need to purchase a new cable modem. Are there any specific cable modems that y'all would recommend?
Turbo Mach 5
join:2008-05-29
San Augustine, TX

Turbo Mach 5

Well since they're upgrading: Motorola SB6141 or higher

Chubbzie
join:2014-02-11
Greenville, NC

Chubbzie to TheShazzah

to TheShazzah
Did you ever try "admin" instead of "cusadmin"? Also, have you tried resetting the CGN back to defaults?
TheShazzah
United State

TheShazzah

Yes, I have done both of those things.