spc
Search similar:

uniqs

puppy
join:2010-01-28
San Diego, CA

puppy

Addons Garrison Commander and MasterPlan

In case there is anyone who doesn't have this addon yet, get it. It is the best addon for managing missions and figuring out the best followers for them. I also use the addon MasterPlan with it, so what I say below most likely refer to GarrisonCommander but maybe MasterPlan...

Just a few very helpful things I learned:

If you hold ALT while clicking "Interesting Missions", it will including inactive followers in shows the best combinations for the good missions.

If you scroll all the way down to the bottom on that same tab, it shows which of your follower(s) are redundant, so you can deactivate them for someone else.

shinjuru

join:2000-10-29
West Coast

shinjuru

»Add-On Recommendation Master Plan

Both are updated quite frequently.

puppy
San Diego, CA

puppy

Ah forgot to say the latest garrison commander update removed the lag I experienced when I first got the 6.1 version, now it's working fine. Used to take seconds to do anything.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil to puppy

Premium Member

to puppy
I think I'm using Master plan. Anyhow, I know have a "popup" that allows me to search for followers anywhere in WOD. It even shows the quest chains to unlock the follower and will load a waypoint into Tomtom.

Now if I can only fire followers.. lol.

shinjuru

join:2000-10-29
West Coast

shinjuru

A few weeks back I found out that I could upgrade my inactive follower's gear. Now I just wish they would allow me to convert all of these silly 615 only armor/weapon upgrades to something useful.

saillaw
Premium Member
join:2007-05-08
Dismay

saillaw

Premium Member

That was one of the changes in 6.1. I too have a bunch of the 615 tokens, I wish they were BOA so I could send them to alts.

puppy
San Diego, CA

puppy to Snakeoil

to Snakeoil
said by Snakeoil:

Now if I can only fire followers.. lol.

You can, just deactivate them

Kilroy
MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy to saillaw

MVM

to saillaw
615 tokens are worthless, especially if you're an altoholic. All of my followers are 630 or better, that's across a dozen toons and probably 200 or better followers. I've got a stack of 630 tokens on my Mage. Currently up to 9 level 100s, the last two should be pretty quick as they are both tanks.

I just want pet battles fixed. I'm trying to level a Ruby Droplet and getting 77 XP per Garrison Pet battle just blows chunks (and chunks is my dog) .

Cat5
join:2013-04-26

Cat5

said by Kilroy:

I just want pet battles fixed. I'm trying to level a Ruby Droplet and getting 77 XP per Garrison Pet battle just blows chunks (and chunks is my dog) .

I didn't think Warlords gave decent XP anyway? Levelling is still easier in Pandaria via trianers if I recall.

Kilroy
MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy

MVM

said by Cat5:

Pandaria via trianers if I recall.

Not since they also fouled up Sandstorm, no longer block up to 74 damage, making the Aubisath Idol strategies completely worthless. I stopped doing the three daily pet battles for the time being. I may start back up in a bit. Right now I'm doing the daily garrison pet battles on nine toons. I've got almost all of my pets to rare and then will start using the 1 level tokens to max them up.

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil to puppy

Premium Member

to puppy
How? I've been trying to, but haven't figured it out yet.

puppy
San Diego, CA

puppy

You can only deactivate if you have 1 more follower active than your current max I think.

So if you have level 3 barracks, your max # is 25. Once you have 26 followers you can no longer send them on missions, so go to the followers screen and right click one of them, you should have the deactivate option.

Note that you can RE-activate 1 follower per day for 250g. This is why it's important to know which one to deactivate, and that's where garrison manager helps.

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

K. I have a lev 3 barracks. Currently at 23 followers. Which explains why I can't deactivate any.