All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
intolerantjk
join:2010-07-14

intolerantjk

Cable reliability in Maple Ridge area

I'm currently on 25/3 DSL through Lightspeed, and was contemplating moving to either their or TSIs 50/3 unlimited cable offering. I am however, wary of peak period congestion where 50Mb slows to more like 5Mb.

Can anyone chime in as to performance in the Maple Ridge area, specifically in the: 224 to 232 and 132 to 136 area? (I don't know how far a typical node spans, it could be far larger and area than what I've outlined)

I know this is a Shaw forum, but both Lightspeed and TSI will be getting their access through Shaw in the area, hence my posting here.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

fluffybunny
@teksavvy.com

fluffybunny

Anon

its fine. shaw and telus both play well with TSI unlike robbers and bhell. there is no congestion period that far from the city.
intolerantjk

intolerantjk

Thanks fluffybunny. I had to figure that there simply wouldn't be terrible saturation at this point, but then I didn't know exactly what infrastructure was in place.

For the record, I really like being out here. Sure I have to drive everywhere, but it's a quick drive anywhere, and it's nice being off the beaten path
gregk4
join:2011-12-14

gregk4 to intolerantjk

to intolerantjk
I'm in Pitt Meadows and the connection is very solid.
intolerantjk

intolerantjk

Thanks Greg!