All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
urbang33k
join:2010-02-13
Canada

urbang33k

[Cable] Teksavvy on Rcable available in prior shaw areas yet?

Tried getting teksavvy cable hooked up in Haldimand County where Rogers previously took over Shaws territory. That was over half a year ago. It was rejected at the time and the general consensus was that the transition was too recent.

Has there been any progress on this? Are there any Haldimand County Teksavvy cable customers yet?

Haldimand County would be towns like Jarvis, Hagersville, Cayuga, Binbrook (hamilton), Caledonia.

Inssomniak
The Glitch
Premium Member
join:2005-04-06
Cayuga, ON

Inssomniak

Premium Member

I tried in December. Failed miserably.
Marcer
Premium Member
join:2007-07-08
Hamilton, ON

Marcer to urbang33k

Premium Member

to urbang33k
Hmm...

That's interesting.

Rogers submitted a filing to the CRTC back in January that the telephony services undertaken in those areas over the former Mountain Cablevision Ltd.'s HFC network (Purchased by Shaw, and then sold by Shaw to Rogers) were completely migrated to Roger's network.

»www.crtc.gc.ca/8740/eng/ ··· 9.htm#a2

Since that work is completed, and would require interconnections from the Cable Head-end to the Rogers' core network, I would struggle to believe there exists a valid reason for ATPIA to NOT be available.

tl;dr
Try asking again

jmck
formerly 'shaded'
join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON

jmck

telephony is not the same as cable/docsis network.
Marcer
Premium Member
join:2007-07-08
Hamilton, ON

Marcer

Premium Member

said by jmck:

telephony is not the same as cable/docsis network.

They (MCL) were running thier telephony implementation using PacketCable capable eMTA's within their DOCSIS network... so in this case... I beg to differ

ShawnS
Business Solutions Agent
Premium Member
join:2012-11-22
Chatham, ON

ShawnS to urbang33k

Premium Member

to urbang33k
Hello urbang33km

We can submit a qualification request to our vendor and see if we are able to provide service there or not.
Could you please post in the »/fo ··· avdirect Forum?

We look forward to seeing whether or not you qualify.

Regards,
Shawn S