spc
Search similar:

uniqs

shinjuru

join:2000-10-29
West Coast

shinjuru

March 2015 PC Gaming and Hardware Sales

Please keep all PC Game and Hardware related sales to this thread.

As always, included in this thread for the month of March is:

»www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Humble Weekly Bundle: Made in Japan

We bundled Japanese games worth up to $111 That converts to roughly 12,610 yen, but who's counting? Name your price for Cherry Tree High Complete Pack, Fairy Bloom Freesia, and Influent. If you pay more than the average price, you'll also get Magical Battle Festa, Revolver 360 Re:Actor, and The Tale of Alltynex. If you pay $10 or more, you'll receive all of the above plus Rime Berta and Half-Minute Hero: The Second Coming (includes a bonus copy of the original Half Minute Hero). Get this bundle and get gaming (no passports required)!

Pay what you want. This collection of games and soundtracks would cost you up to $111 if purchased separately, but Humble Bundle asked Japan nicely on your behalf and they said you could name your price.

On Steam and DRM-free. All of these games are available on Steam for Windows, and most of them are also available DRM-free. Influent is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux -- both on Steam and DRM-free. Pay $1 or more for access to Steam keys. Please check out the full system requirements here prior to purchasing.

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
join:2009-10-13
Lincoln, NE

Adalicia

Concerning the Made In Japan Bundle:

Cherry Tree High Pack: A fun short series that plays kind of like Persona 3 / Persona 4 minus the combat, so focusing on the social aspects. Stats and time management games with Visual Novel aspects. They're pretty fun if you like that kind of stuff.

Rime Berta: The main reason to pay $10 for this bundle. A very solid SRPG, surprising depth, a lot of fun, weak but passable story. Great if you like stuff like Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lion or Jeanne d'Arc.

Fairy Bloom Freesia and Magical Battle Festa are both pretty fun and cute. Influent I have yet to try, good if you want to learn a second language I guess? Half-Minute Hero: The Second Coming is the sequel to the original, they can be fun if that is your thing, I'm personally not a super big fan. I have yet to play Revolve 360 Re:Actor or the ALLTYNEX games but they are bullet hell shooters.

warlock56
Premium Member
join:2002-07-31
Dallas, TX

warlock56 to shinjuru

Premium Member

to shinjuru
I just saw on Steam that Civilization 5 Complete is on sale for $12.49 until March 9. I'm picking that one up and I'm glad I waited for the price to drop.

Raible
join:2008-01-23
Plainfield, IN

Raible to shinjuru

to shinjuru
23% Pre-Order of GTA IV at Green Man Gaming with the following code:

ATJJH9-8O738P-4I0W0C

It's says "Personalized Code", so not sure if it will work only once or not but I'm not going to use it if someone else is interested.

ekster
Hi there
Premium Member
join:2010-07-16
Sainte-Anne-De-Bellevue, QC

ekster to shinjuru

Premium Member

to shinjuru
Titanfall season pass is free, if anyone is still playing weekly in Savious' awesome guild.

»www.origin.com/en-ca/sto ··· son-pass

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

said by ekster:

Titanfall season pass is free, if anyone is still playing weekly in Savious' awesome guild.

Haha, that's awesome. I just fired the game up last night and played some matches too. First time in months.

What's sad is there was literally only about 700 people online playing Attrition. Any other game mode you were pretty much shit out of luck.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

Game had such potential, too. I feel like if they had developed a legit single player and forged a little bit more story (the atmospherics you picked up in the "campaign" were awesome but way too thin), it would have lent to a more enduring MP, possibly with territory to seize a la Planetside.

They really dropped the ball with Titanfall. Evolve follows in the same vein. If "AAA" titles continue to be half-finished game ideas, I am going to wait for them to hit the bargain bin.

shinjuru

West Coast

shinjuru

That seems to be the new path for game developers. They don't even know what vision they want to stick with. The future will be full of Early Access Development titles pimping the shit out of their game for funding, hoping to gain a legion of content streamers to build a fan-base long before the game is even complete. Many will probably peter out and never finish to a finally polished product.

I guess it beat the old days, hoping that you could cut your loses by ending up in the bargain bin at Software Etc..

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

That said, Titanfall is a really good value now, with the Season Pass DLC all out (and free!) combined with some of the low sale prices I've seen for the game.

Mech combat is a little flat (more fast-paced twitch like Hawken than slow and strategic like MWO), but the gunplay is as slick as any COD game (even more so than AW, in my book) and the parkour is just icing on the cake.

For $5-15, Titanfall+DLC should be a must have.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to shinjuru

Premium Member

to shinjuru
said by shinjuru:

The future will be full of Early Access Development titles pimping the shit out of their game for funding, hoping to gain a legion of content streamers to build a fan-base long before the game is even complete. Many will probably peter out and never finish to a finally polished product.

My wife bought that game off Steam called Godus, which is another early access simulation style title. Your comment almost describes that game's situation perfectly.

She played the whole game (what little is available) and absolutely loved it. The problem though, is that the developer basically gave up on the game completely, and now there's just this half assed unfinished content sitting there. It's a shame.

Savious
Premium Member
join:2012-03-05
Billings, MT

Savious to ekster

Premium Member

to ekster
said by ekster:

MANDATORY PARTICIPATION!

El Quintron
Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

El Quintron to shinjuru

Premium Member

to shinjuru
said by Humble Bundle :
Games for your computer AND your phone. Humble PC & Android Bundle 12 includes seven games that can be played on four platforms: Windows, Mac, Linux and Android. All of these games are also available DRM-free. Pay what you want for VVVVVV, The Inner World, Titan Attacks!, and Tetrobot and Co. Pay more than the average price to also receive Ironclad Tactics Deluxe Edition and Costume Quest. Pay $10 or more to get all of the above plus Shadowrun Returns!

»www.humblebundle.com/

FYI

shinjuru

West Coast

shinjuru

Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition

80% Off! Only $4.99

»store.steampowered.com/a ··· 5_9__205
shinjuru

shinjuru

Alien: Isolation is 75% Off at $12.49

»store.steampowered.com/a ··· /214490/
System

to shinjuru

Anon

to shinjuru

(topic move) March 2015 PC Gaming and Hardware Sales

Moderator Action
The post that was here, has been moved to a new topic .. »April 2015 PC Gaming and Hardware Sales

to shinjuru

Anon

to shinjuru
This topic has been un-stickied by shinjuru See Profile