uniqs

sashwa
Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz

sashwa to Rick4769

Mod

to Rick4769

Re: [Channels] March and April Channel Changes 2015?

No need to lock it up at this time. For those of you who don't like this thread, stop reading it.

Steely
I rise when the sun goes down
Premium Member
join:2000-10-15
Princeton Junction, NJ

Steely

Premium Member

OK, but can everyone please try to "stay the course" at least?

sashwa
Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz

1 recommendation

sashwa

Mod

I can support that.
bsangs
join:2002-08-21
Montclair, NJ

bsangs to Rick4769

to Rick4769
Accuweather added today on channel 119 and 619. The Weather Channel has been dropped.

PirateJim
Premium Member
join:2007-07-11
Toms River, NJ

PirateJim

Premium Member

WeatherScan on Channel 49 is gone too ..

Branch
:D
Premium Member
join:2014-07-22
VHO 4

Branch

Premium Member

PLOT TWIST! Maybe Jeep's message wasn't a bug after all. I am not at home, so I can't check. Can others confirm?

PirateJim
Premium Member
join:2007-07-11
Toms River, NJ

PirateJim

Premium Member

Yes, this is for real ..
AccuWeather is now on 119 & 619 ..
WeatherScan on 49 is gone; to be replaced with the WeatherBug widget ..

amarryat
Verizon FiOS
join:2005-05-02
Marshfield, MA

amarryat to Branch

to Branch
I only looked at 619, TWC. Guide still said TWC, but it was showing The Accuweather Channel instead. And they were actually showing the weather.

Branch
:D
Premium Member
join:2014-07-22
VHO 4

Branch

Premium Member

said by amarryat:

And they were actually showing the weather.

What a concept!

Greg2600
join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600 to PirateJim

to PirateJim
Wow, stunning! TWC itself is completely useless and worthless, and WeatherScan was frustrating because we'd get towns 100 miles away. I've never seen Accuweather, do they show your LOCAL weather?

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

So far it seems to be East coast "regionalized" if I had a word for it...
chewypgh
join:2007-12-17
Pittsburgh, PA

chewypgh to Rick4769

to Rick4769
Dear Valued Verizon Customer,

We are writing to notify you about certain upcoming programming changes to your Verizon
FiOS TV channel lineup. On or after April 16, 2015, the following channels will be removed from the FiOS® TV Extreme package you are currently subscribed to:

Fox College Sports Atlantic – Channel 300
Fox College Sports Central – Channel 301
Fox College Sports Pacific – Channel 302

Should you wish to continue viewing these channels, you may upgrade to the Verizon Ultimate HD package or purchase our Sports Pass at verizon.com/myverizon.

Thank you for being a Verizon customer.

Sincerely,

Your Verizon Team

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

They had these channels in the Sports Package a long time ago, then put them in Extreme for some reason, now I guess they changed their minds again.

almahix
Allegro ma non troppo
join:1999-10-18
Camarillo, CA

almahix to chewypgh

to chewypgh
This is a disturbing trend. I've seen other channels get pulled from Extreme, nothing I care about, but disturbing nonetheless. What recourse does one have if they move something one likes? Must one upgrade to ultimate? This is dirty. We signed up for 2 years and only they can change terms and conditions, to force us to pay more? Given that they are selling us (CA) off in a year, at the end of my 24 obligated months, FiOS is not a safe bet.
Acct101
Premium Member
join:2011-09-20
Bensalem, PA

Acct101 to chewypgh

Premium Member

to chewypgh
It would be nice if those three Fox College Sports Channels were in HD.

nascar
join:2000-02-28
Verona, NJ

nascar

I agree. Unfortunately the three Fox College Sports channels are not broadcast in HD.
said by Acct101:

ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

ansky to Rick4769

to Rick4769
Don't the FCS channels show mostly bottom of the barrel small school teams that few people care about? Probably why they are not in HD...

aaronwt
Premium Member
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
Asus RT-AX89

aaronwt to amarryat

Premium Member

to amarryat
said by amarryat:

I only looked at 619, TWC. Guide still said TWC, but it was showing The Accuweather Channel instead. And they were actually showing the weather.

But for what area? The last time I checked the channel it wasn't showing info for me. And the audio was still out of sync.
aaronwt

aaronwt to almahix

Premium Member

to almahix
said by almahix:

This is a disturbing trend. I've seen other channels get pulled from Extreme, nothing I care about, but disturbing nonetheless. What recourse does one have if they move something one likes? Must one upgrade to ultimate? This is dirty. We signed up for 2 years and only they can change terms and conditions, to force us to pay more? Given that they are selling us (CA) off in a year, at the end of my 24 obligated months, FiOS is not a safe bet.

I wish they would dump a bunch of those channels from the Ultimate HD tier and lower my price some. They should just put all those on a sports tier and have people pay extra for the sports tier if they want it. Especially ESPN. The majority of people subsidize the cost of ESPN for the minority of people that watch it.

Greg2600
join:2008-05-20
Belleville, NJ

Greg2600

They will never lower any price. Ever.

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

said by Greg2600:

They will never lower any price. Ever.

Probably not, but who thought gas would ever come back down this far again? Don't say "ever" LOL
dfwguy
join:2013-10-24

dfwguy to ansky

to ansky
said by ansky:

Don't the FCS channels show mostly bottom of the barrel small school teams that few people care about? Probably why they are not in HD...

They are in HD on the various Fox Sports and other RSNs that originate the broadcasts. I don't think Fox produces anything in SD anymore. They've been doing HD long enough to phase out all the SD gear and replace with newer HD stuff.
Expand your moderator at work
lee7n
join:2012-11-05

lee7n to Acct101

to Acct101

Re: [Channels] March and April Channel Changes 2015?

said by Acct101:

With the current lack of HD space I highly doubt that will happen anytime soon and would also piss off a lot of people including me who have more than enough sports channels in HD already.

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

bohratom to chewypgh

to chewypgh
said by chewypgh:

On or after April 16, 2015, the following channels will be removed from the FiOS® TV Extreme package you are currently subscribed to:

Fox College Sports Atlantic – Channel 300
Fox College Sports Central – Channel 301
Fox College Sports Pacific – Channel 302

If they were in HD I would be pissed but since I do not watch many SD channels in my ExtremeHD package I will not miss them.
webcobbler
join:2013-03-09
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler

Maybe they can take the space that those three SD channels took up, and put that toward one good PQ HD channel.

The content of said channel, is anyones guess. H2 channel in High Def. Anyone? Anyone?

bohratom
Red Bank NJ

2 edits

bohratom

said by webcobbler:

Maybe they can take the space that those three SD channels took up, and put that toward one good PQ HD channel.

Not sure on this one as I do not think FIOS has converted any SD MPEG2 channels to MPEG4 yet....
webcobbler
join:2013-03-09
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler

That would be nice. Especially, if it were for that H2 channel, ironically.

But saying that. I would be happy with American Heroes Channel in HD, as well.
webcobbler

webcobbler to bohratom

to bohratom
You just edited your post, when I was writing mine. Damn You, lol.

bohratom
Red Bank NJ

bohratom

said by webcobbler:

You just edited your post, when I was writing mine. Damn You, lol.