spc
Search similar:

uniqs

n2jtx
join:2001-01-13
Glen Head, NY

n2jtx

A Plus Side

I am trying to figure out if there is a plus side with DISH driving the prices up. In the end, it is the U.S. Treasury that gets the money. The question is, is the ultimate price, even with the phony $3 billion discount, more than the spectrum would have sold for? If so, then ka-ching for the taxpayers.

Yes, there needs to be reform but I also recall back in the 1990's when there was the PCS auction and a tiny company called Nextwave managed to scoop up a lot of spectrum without having any money due to rules that favored small companies. When they could not pay, the FCC took the spectrum back. The company declared bankruptcy and the courts found the FCC could not take the spectrum back and auction it off as they did. In the end, Nextwave got the licenses, sold them and made a nice profit. I am worried we will see that BS crop up again.

RadioDoc

join:2000-05-11
La Grange, IL

RadioDoc

said by n2jtx:

If so, then ka-ching for the taxpayers.

That ka-ching is the wireless provider's cash register ringing. Every penny they spend is recouped multiple times over from the pockets of subscribers, under phony fees and below-the-line upcharges.

ITALIAN926
join:2003-08-16

ITALIAN926 to n2jtx

to n2jtx
As is 3 billion is measurable, at all, to the US treasury.