spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Wag
join:2009-05-05
united state

Wag

OnDemand access to channels I don't subscribe

I was fooling around with OnDemand yesterday and I noticed that I now have access to MGM Movie Channel and Sony Movie Channel content even though I don't subscribe to them (I don't have access to their main channels).

There is a fair amount of content available on both, so just a heads up if people don't have access to them in their tier, they might want to check this out.

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

Thanks for the heads up, I'll check it out, but since you put this out there for everyone to see, it might not last much longer
billhere
join:2011-10-21
Santa Monica, CA

billhere

I also noticed that I'm getting MGM and Sony ondemand movies without being subscribed to those channels. Except for possibly "Romeo and Juliet" on MGM I didn't see any movies there that I would care to watch.
JAH_PGH
join:2009-09-28
Pittsburgh, PA

JAH_PGH to Wag

to Wag
On a similar note, how do you know what channel an OnDemand movie is playing? For instance, I searched 'all content' to find a movie called "Forev". I watched the preview and when I went to watch the film, I received an error that I couldn't watch it because I am not subscribed to the channel. I subscribe to all the HBO, Epix, SHO, and Starz channels, so I'm guessing it was either on Sony Movies, HDNET or MGM etc.

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

Yeah, someone brought this up a few months ago, they should have some sort of designation what channel it's from if you do a search.