spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Kattz753
@vpnunlimitedapp.com

Kattz753

Anon

VMedia What the...

I left VMedia yesterday and in some ways, I feel bad about it. I'm very disappointed with that company.

I honestly wanted to see them do well. We need an alternative to the big guys. I went with them because I really liked the IPTV service. I didn't expect it to be perfect. It is what it is. But they totally ruined ti last fall when they tried to add the client-side PVR. It hasn't worked properly since they attempted to add that.

I had to have the Sagemcomm router replaced last October with a SmartRG. Within a couple of weeks, I was unable to access the management console. If I typed 192.168.1.1, I just couldn't get in. I tried to hit the factory reset switch and there wasn't one. If you inserted a paperclip, it just went straight in to the board. I poked around and tried to telnet in through the command line. Those routers have BusyBox. When I couldn't get in, I called support. They wanted to RMA, but I didn't have $100 deposit, nor did I want to send the router in and wait for a replacement. I decided to wait.

So, last weekend I absolutely had to get into the Management interface. I tried to reset from the command line and it worked, but it also wiped out my settings. The settings from the support site didn't work. OK, sorta my fault. No internet for the weekend and time for the RMA.

I called support. No one knew what the settings should be. I found that disturbing. I just wanted an RMA anyhow. The router was defective. It was missing the reset switch.

That's when the BS started.

Well, we have to get it approved by management...We don't know if we have any in stock...

Then, they tried to tell me that they could see my router and it wasn't connecting due to a widespread DSL outage.

Really? A widespread DSL outage started just after I reset my router? And, just HOW IS IT connecting since I haven't put my user name and password back in??? Things that make you go hmmm.

Anyhow, after several more calls, I was still unable to get the RMA process rolling. I offered my credit card number for the deposit. They still insisted that there was a widespread DSL outage. I shut the modem right off before calling once and they still insisted that they could see it connecting. Reboot and call back tomorrow...

I finally called BS I hung up and called Electronic Box. I had already changed credit card number so that the March payment didn't go through. I decided to go with them. I called back VMedia and cancelled.

During the call, the Customer Service rep was insisting "widespread DSL outage" also. When I called BS on her, she offered to RMA the modem. By this time, I had it. I realized that I could live with what I was getting off of my tower and Netflix (once I had internet again). I cancelled and signed up with Electrinic Box.

Check VMedia's forum. There is no DSL outage reported in the Outages thread from the evening of Feb. 27 - Mar. 1. No one is complaining.

If they hadn't lied, they would still have a customer. I just don't get that company. They seem to like to shoot themselves in the foot.

Sarum
join:2015-01-21
Whitby, ON

Sarum

you should contact Leshka or GeorgeBurger and get them to investigate your ticket.. I know they would be sorry to see you go

im on DSL and have not had ANY "wide-spread" outages (besides being down for 5 mins a week or so ago when they had a hardware failure as mentioned by leshka in the vmedia forum... so not sure what they could be possibly talking about.. but it has to be something if several different reps said the same thing.. dont want to speculate

i know they stopped selling SmartRG modems (awesome modem, my fav btw) and started to sell their own Vmedia branded modem, which is also quite good..
this is probably why they said they were not sure if they had any left. did they offer to give you a Vmedia modem?
the $100 deposit sucks but pretty much every company out there asks for a deposit when swapping out hardware till they get old one returned, especially ones that are no contracts, there would be nothing they could do to recoup their funds if u didnt return the broken modem..
a manager would be the only one that could over ride that policy..

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to Kattz753

Premium Member

to Kattz753
Widespread DSL outage would have been surely reported in the Bell forums, Canadian Broadband, and other ISP forums here...

If they fed you that line its pretty sad.

Sarum
join:2015-01-21
Whitby, ON

Sarum

no company would make something up collectively like a "wide-spread-outage"... not bell, acanac, rogers, vmedia or anyone... no one would.. that would be silly
i could see a rogue rep doing something dumb (and should be reprimanded or fired)... but several different people? no way
there needs to be another explanation for it...

bosephus
join:2000-11-06
Smiths Falls, ON

1 edit

bosephus to Kattz753

to Kattz753
I was offline over the past weekend (02/28/2015 - 03/01/2015), because of Bell maintenance (reported by VMedia tech support). It was restored on Monday 03/02/2015. Since my dsl service has been restored, I've been getting disconnected intermittently. I did check my router's status page and it reports a different IP every time I get reconnected.

A side note, during my call to VMedia's tech suport, the person said I would be reimbursed for the 2 days I was offline. When I sent an email to billings, they said sorry we can't guarantee 100% uptime and the request was revoked.

edit: I am on the 6mbps/800kbps service, withOUT IPTV.
edit2: Thanks to George Burger, I have been credited for my downtime.

B.
GeorgeBurger
join:2011-12-30

GeorgeBurger to Kattz753

to Kattz753
Hi bosephus please give me your ID, that is a ridiculous way to treat a customer.I'm sorry.

Kattz777
@bell.ca

Kattz777 to Kattz753

Anon

to Kattz753
I don't believe this company. I cancelled my service on Sunday March 1. I got a call from one of them on Tuesday and I told them that I was not in any way interested in coming back. By that time, I already had the modem from my new provider. I tried to confirm that the shut off would be done, since I was having the new service set up at the end of the week. I was assured that everything would be ok.

They scheduled the shut off for last night. My new service was set up on Saturday.

This company is run by petty, childish vindictive people. I would not recommend them to anyone.

I think that I gave them a fair shot. I patiently waited for them to get the TV issues straightened out. Then I get hit with a price increase for a service that doesn't work, without notice. Like a lot of other people, I didn't even get the email they claimed to have sent out. And no, it wasn't in the spam folder. I checked.

This is no way to run a company. Goodbye and good riddance.

And George, don't even think about it. You can't BS your way out of this one.