All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
pcmediciowa
join:2015-03-02

pcmediciowa

[Unlock] Life after "PHONE HOME"?? 2015

I really try hard to utilize all the search methods available before posting a question, but unless I am just blinded from hundreds of hours of scouring forums I don't see a recent definitive answer. Is there any way that I can use my 2 GT HT701's that WERE on BasicTalk for a few months and set them free??? I really do apologize if the answer is already out there, but my wife threatened to move me to the dog house permanent if I did not stop and ask for help.... LOL

N9MD
Too busy to chat
Premium Member
join:2005-10-08
Boca Raton, FL

N9MD

Premium Member

Re: [Unlock] Life after "PHONE HOME"?? 2015

In the search box at the top right of your BBR screen, type in "unlock Basic Talk HT701" (without the quotes) ... click on GO ... and behold the results of the lengthy thread(s) dealing specifically with your issue.

[Or just click here: »/nsear ··· t=remark
aquarium_h2o
join:2015-02-02
QC, Canada
Technicolor DCM475
Obihai OBi202
D-Link DIR-820L

aquarium_h2o to pcmediciowa

to pcmediciowa
Hi !

I did this procedure with my HT702.

1) Factory reset (press reset for 10 seconds)
2) Connect to computer *with no Internet access*, using LAN port on ATA
3) Log in 192.168.2.1 (password : admin)
4) Erase "config server path" (in advanced setting) to disable auto-configuration

toro
join:2006-01-27
Scarborough, ON

toro to pcmediciowa

to pcmediciowa
To my knowledge, if it has phoned home, the only way to unlock it will be with SPI programmer.
See »Re: [Unlock] Unlocking the BasicTalk ATA and »Re: [Unlock] Unlocking the BasicTalk ATA
I would recommend reading the whole thread, at least starting from about page 4 to page 11.
The regular factory reset will not help you. It will erase only the network settings, while keeping the voip/provisioning settings intact.
79176722 (banned)
VoIP.ms, Magento, and lotsa open tabs
join:2015-02-19
Miami, FL

79176722 (banned) to pcmediciowa

to pcmediciowa

said by pcmediciowa:

I am just blinded from hundreds of hours of scouring forums

So if your time is worth even $2/hr, at 200 hrs, that's $400 of your time spent?

Yes, I realize you're exaggerating (I hope!) but in my opinion some things are just not worth learning to do...
pcmediciowa
join:2015-03-02

1 edit

pcmediciowa

It doesn't seem to always be about the money or time spent for some reason? LOL I spent 3 weeks building a digital esr meter that I could have bought over ebay for around 50 bucks. Just the challenge I guess. more than all.
Maybe the Iowa winters are just way too boring! I will go the SPI route than I guess. Thanx a bunch tho to all for the quick responses.
pcmediciowa

pcmediciowa to N9MD

to N9MD
I have read every word of every one of those post and don't see one thing regarding current unlock of HT701 "AFTER PHONING HOME" like I said, I am a 30 year veteran tech, but that could be the cause of my blindness too!
79176722 (banned)
VoIP.ms, Magento, and lotsa open tabs
join:2015-02-19
Miami, FL

1 recommendation

79176722 (banned)

Don't get me wrong, I believe in learning things and challenges, but I personally try not to invest too much effort in any specific thing unless I know to a large degree of certainty that I'll be using this knowledge at least a few more times in the future to "pay back for the time".

If you're gonna be unlocking/hacking VoIP devices in the future and you're learning methods to save you time in the future, then I agree. But I get a sense that you've learned your lesson and will be getting an unlocked box "forever" next time..

I don't usually give up, but when I did a few times (after investing about 50-60% of max projected effort), it was the right thing to do. I was cutting my losses.