El Quintron
Cancel Culture Ambassador
Premium Member
join:2008-04-28
Tronna

El Quintron to Octavean

Premium Member

to Octavean

Re: [Tech] R9 290X 60Hz@4K over HDMI or DPto HDMI adapter possible?

said by Octavean:

Few TVs have DisplayPort. Displayport wasnt a feature I was looking for with specificity when looking at 4K UHD TVs because of its rarity and the expense of its inclusion. When looking at 4K UHD TVs the feature I wanted and thought to be most reasonable was HDMI 2.0.

HDMI 2.0 is something I wasn't really thinking about until I started asking questions about this, because I'd only ever researched 4K Monitors, but at this juncture, I'll definitely be waiting for an affordable HDMI 2.0 set.

Octavean
MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY

Octavean

MVM

Well there is no need to wait for a HDMI 2.0 UHD TVs since new models should have this feature by now. Its really more an issue of weeding out or avoiding the order models that don't . But yeah, now is definitely the time to start expecting manufacturers of such products and companion products (like video cards for example) to step up to the new tech. If AMD or nVidia want ~$200, ~$300 or more for a video card then it really should support the latest tech / specs like HDMI 2.0 (HDCP 2.2) and H.265 / HEVC (High Efficiency Video Coding) decode.