Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
·Comcast XFINITY

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

[Appliances] Weber Q Grill

Been using a small Weber Smokey Joe to barbecue in the park but thinking of getting a Weber Q 1200 for the park for the summer. I'd use the small tanks with it.

Any thoughts. Just don't want to deal with the hassle of charcoal at the park anymore. I know it's early but I'm thinking forward to spring and summer. Had enough of winter already.

LazMan
Premium Member
join:2003-03-26
Beverly Hills, CA

LazMan

Premium Member

Just picked up a Q2200 the other week...

Haven't used it yet - have a Broil King at home; it (the weber Q) is for the RV, and I don't pick it up for about 6 weeks.

The Weber Q is well reviewed; and seems solidly built.
Expand your moderator at work

cowboyro
Premium Member
join:2000-10-11
CT

3 recommendations

cowboyro to IowaCowboy

Premium Member

to IowaCowboy

Re: [Appliances] Weber Q Grill

Charcoal > gas.
Use hardwood charcoal, not briquettes. Add some real wood in the mix for smoke and you'll never think about gas again.

nightdesigns
Gone missing, back soon
Premium Member
join:2002-05-31
AZ

nightdesigns to IowaCowboy

Premium Member

to IowaCowboy
Have seen it in person? When I saw it, it was much smaller than expected. I have a Cuisinart CGG-200 and have been extremely happy with it. Larger and same price range.

LazMan
Premium Member
join:2003-03-26
Beverly Hills, CA

LazMan to cowboyro

Premium Member

to cowboyro
said by cowboyro:

Charcoal > gas.
Use hardwood charcoal, not briquettes. Add some real wood in the mix for smoke and you'll never think about gas again.

No argument about charcoal being more flavour... but.

For convenience - gas is the way to go... Plus some day parks no longer allow charcoal, due to morons just dumping hot coals on the ground or putting them in the garbage.
LazMan

LazMan to nightdesigns

Premium Member

to nightdesigns
said by nightdesigns:

Have seen it in person? When I saw it, it was much smaller than expected. I have a Cuisinart CGG-200 and have been extremely happy with it. Larger and same price range.

That's what moved us up to the 2000 series - the 1000 series is just a bit small, IMO...
Speedy Petey
join:2008-01-19

Speedy Petey to IowaCowboy

to IowaCowboy
Don't know the numbers but I have a BabyQ and absolutely LOVE it!

I don't know if the new ones do, but mine has a cast iron grate which is excellent.
tinky2
Premium Member
join:2013-12-18
usa

tinky2

Premium Member

I also have a babyQ and love it. i have a genesis, a babyQ and charcoal and in a zombie apocolypse I'd give up the babyQ last. I can fire it up for a couple or 3 large pork chops sear it on the cast iron and be done in like 15 minutes start to finish. with a veggie on the side. ALso it's the best planking grill I have, because it's like a (sealed) clamshell. I love it.