spc
Search similar:

uniqs

ChadH
@verizon.net

ChadH to mikeluscher159

Anon

to mikeluscher159

Re: Are We About to Lose the Weather Channel??

I'm not crazy about it. Without local weather, I think the channel is pretty useless. Yes, TWC has got out of hand with the reality crap, but they still have localized weather at the bottom all times, and the local on the 8s. AccuWeather has nothing like that yet. When they get that, I'll be happy with them. Not right now though.
McBane
join:2008-08-22
Wylie, TX

McBane to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
I wish they would have replaced it with H2HD instead of Accuweather.
malletto
join:2009-01-03
Purcellville, VA

malletto to ChadH

to ChadH
Do you have an iphone or android device of any kind? If so pull it up and get the weather there, way faster than using the tv. These weather tv stations are so out of date, they aren't necessary anymore. Only time we ever watch them is to see what chaos is happening in another part of the country.
webcobbler
join:2013-03-09
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler to McBane

to McBane
said by McBane:

I wish they would have replaced it with H2HD instead of Accuweather.

That would have been a good idea. We have an HD spot on 627, just for that. That, and channel 625 for the AHC HD.

And then turn channel 49 to the AccuWeather channel, from WeatherScan.

Branch
:D
Premium Member
join:2014-07-22
VHO 4

Branch

Premium Member

And we have 750 for Disney, which is still 780 something (doesn't follow the +500 HD rule).

Rick4769
join:2012-11-21
Buffalo, NY

Rick4769 to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
I miss the Weather Channel but AccuWeather is a good replacement especially if it is more cost effective regarding my monthly FIOS bill.

Branch
Premium Member
VHO 4

Branch

Premium Member

Well, the bills won't be going down, but if it prevents FiOS from raising them, I think we will all be happy.

eival
join:2008-07-09
Richland, WA

eival

just installed a splitter and now i just have to find where that ABC scanner is
eival

eival

looks like they removed that ABC radar

icemannyr1
join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ

icemannyr1

This is were AccuWeather can't match TWC. Live national storm coverage.

»twitter.com/RyanFSloane/ ··· 52972800

"#BREAKING: #Tornado warnings for both #OKC and #Moore -- pair of circulations. Tornado reported in Moore as of 6:47pm"

TWC is covering this and there is no coverage on AccuWeather.
bwintx
join:2005-08-21
Plano, TX

bwintx

This Google search will give you some links to Tulsa-area TV stations...

»www.google.com/search?q= ··· oe=utf-8

... and most, if not all, will be carrying live coverage on the Web. Granted, the video isn't that great (i.e., lots of artifacting and it's probably 480p at best), but at least you can see and hear it on your PC.

icemannyr1
join:2001-04-11

icemannyr1

Thanks.
skohly
join:2009-08-19

skohly to Rick4769

to Rick4769
said by Rick4769:

I miss the Weather Channel but AccuWeather is a good replacement especially if it is more cost effective regarding my monthly FIOS bill.

AccuWeather channel is a complete piece of crap, not much better then a test pattern. Everytime I check it out it does not come close to giving me my local weather which is Northern NJ. Completely useless. I know I can get the weather on my smartphone and computer and on the local newscasts so it's not the end of the world but AccuWeather does nothing for me
malletto
join:2009-01-03
Purcellville, VA

malletto to icemannyr1

to icemannyr1
Everyone should own a weather radio, they will go off with the warnings well before any of the stations get the warnings on the air.

MeatChicken
join:2007-08-15
Paramus, NJ

MeatChicken to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
Last night, I was watching a channel between 620-628, & I noticed a commercial for a Weather channel program with Sam Champion & another host ...
It was clearly one of those "inserted" Fios SD spots, with a Verizon logo in the commercial ... Someone dropped the ball ...

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

Someone mentioned that a few posts back:

»Re: Are We About to Lose the Weather Channel??
whsbuss
join:2007-08-10
Norristown, PA

whsbuss to malletto

to malletto
said by malletto:

Everyone should own a weather radio, they will go off with the warnings well before any of the stations get the warnings on the air.

My iPhone works the same way.

MeatChicken
join:2007-08-15
Paramus, NJ

MeatChicken

said by whsbuss:

said by malletto:

My iPhone works the same way.

Someone was just commenting on all the '1970's/80's "Radio Shack" products that have all been replaced by having 1 single Smartfone ...
Clock Radio, Walkman, Flashlight, Compass, Tape recorder, Camera, handheld game, magnifier, Radio , alarm, clock, Pocket TV, calculator, Weather Radio, GPS, video recorder, bubble level ect ect ....

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX

1 recommendation

Nezmo to SeattleMatt

MVM

to SeattleMatt
Why is this thread still going? Seriously. Hundreds of channels and people are sweaty under the arms about this?

Smartphone. Interwebs. Local news.
bsangs
join:2002-08-21
Montclair, NJ

bsangs

said by Nezmo:

Why is this thread still going? Seriously. Hundreds of channels and people are sweaty under the arms about this?

Smartphone. Interwebs. Local news.

But it's currently raining out - with thunderstorms on the way! The Weather Channel - AND ONLY THE WEATHER CHANNEL - can tell me what to do in this situation and what will happen over the next four hours. Without THE WEATHER CHANNEL it's not safe to go outside. Those Accuweather people can't help me. We're all doomed.

Pureblood
'Let's Go Brandon'
Premium Member
join:2000-10-18
PorkRoll NJ
·Optimum Online
(Software) pfSense
Netgear WAX630

Pureblood to Nezmo

Premium Member

to Nezmo
said by Nezmo:

Why is this thread still going?

It was all downhill for TWC after the NBC merger. I'm glad VZ pulled the plug on it, now it’s just maps and weather without all the BS.
TomF RI
join:2015-01-26
Charlestown, RI

TomF RI to bsangs

to bsangs
said by bsangs:

We're all doomed.

Yes, we are all doomed, in the end. With or without TWC... (Just keeping this pointless thread going.)
uncle2000mik
join:2009-11-18
Ozone Park, NY

uncle2000mik to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
Instead of saying stupid things, lets get the facts straight. Verizon Fios is lining their pockets with the money they save by dropping the Weather Channel and replacing it with Accuweather. Apparently they never watched the Weather Channel to see how they do things, like a local forecast at the bottom of the screen all the time. Also it should be live not taped whenever a meteorologist is on.
billhere
join:2011-10-21
Santa Monica, CA

billhere

Here in Southern California tuning to channel 49 presents a message to tap the Verizon FiOS button to bring up the weather widget. Doing so brings up what i think is the FiOS home screen, not any widgets at all.

dcowboy
join:2012-05-10
Pequannock, NJ

dcowboy to uncle2000mik

to uncle2000mik
said by uncle2000mik:

Instead of saying stupid things, lets get the facts straight. Verizon Fios is lining their pockets with the money they save by dropping the Weather Channel and replacing it with Accuweather. Apparently they never watched the Weather Channel to see how they do things, like a local forecast at the bottom of the screen all the time.

But i refuse to watch an SD channel.

The HD channel didnt have the local forecast on the bottom of the screen ever.
dcowboy

dcowboy to billhere

to billhere
said by billhere:

Here in Southern California tuning to channel 49 presents a message to tap the Verizon FiOS button to bring up the weather widget. Doing so brings up what i think is the FiOS home screen, not any widgets at all.

In the menu screens you have to select interactive to on.

Yours is probably set to off.

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

said by dcowboy:

said by billhere:

Don't think it matters, this was discussed a few pages back, it seems it only works right on the Quantum boxes
uncle2000mik
join:2009-11-18
Ozone Park, NY

uncle2000mik to dcowboy

to dcowboy
At least they had it on the SD channel. The reason it was not on the HD channel was because they knew they were going to drop the channel.

Branch
Premium Member
VHO 4

Branch

Premium Member

I doubt that was why, as it NEVER had it at the bottom of the screen, even before FiOS was planning on dropping it.

dcowboy
join:2012-05-10
Pequannock, NJ

dcowboy to matcarl

to matcarl
said by matcarl:

said by dcowboy:

said by billhere:

Don't think it matters, this was discussed a few pages back, it seems it only works right on the Quantum boxes

I have a 7232 & got the weather widget.