All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
dklane0127
join:2015-03-03
Ankeny, IA

dklane0127

[Qwest] Legrand DA1054 working with FTTH!

I had a bunch of trouble figuring this out on my own - but in the event someone else is setting up FTTH service with Qwest/CL and wants to use OnQ(Legrand)'s DA-1054 gigabit router with it, so your structured wiring install is nice and clean, you're in luck!

The DA-1054 supports PPPoE as well as VLAN.

In short, you need to configure the router in gateway mode, configure the WAN port as PPPoE, enter your username@qwest.net and the password.

Then, under Management, select VLAN - enable VLAN.

Enable VLAN on each LAN port - name them something, enter VID of 201. DO NOT select Tagged on the LAN ports. I set priority to 1 on each port - may change if I hit traffic problems.

Enable VLAN on the WAN port and name it something, enter VID of 201 and select Tag.

Setup the time and configure the ntp client.

Finally, save the settings to a config file and then reset the router. It logs in without issue.

I have an Airport Extreme in bridge mode connected to it along with a couple of netgear switches and all is working well.

It is a Calix ONT and the battery for it is mounted in the OnQ enclosure along with all the other wiring. It is 100/50 service and I am getting 70/40 in the first day.

This would have saved me a whole day of configuration.

In have an EN4260, the DA1054 and some other bay style modules installed if you're wondering.