matcarl

Premium Member

Five More Out-Of-Home Apps Added

»www.verizon.com/about/ne ··· live-tv/

icemannyr1
join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ

icemannyr1

Any updates on FiOS adding FOX Sports Go?
Is there any plans to add access to the Music Choice App?
skohly
join:2009-08-19
Township Of Washington, NJ

skohly

I really do wish they would allow us to stream Music Choice. It would be a plus for their wireless division to eat up more data on the smart phones. I know I can stream Pandora etc but I really do use Music choice in the house

nycdave
MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY

nycdave

MVM

Highly unlikely, since the provider has to allow and agree to any out-of-home streaming option.....
PJL
join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

PJL

Music Plus does stream content, but the cable provider has to include that service for it's subscribers -- just like HBOGo, etc. Verizon FiOS does not do this.

cmullen8
Ultraman
join:2004-06-10
Silver Spring, MD

cmullen8 to matcarl

to matcarl
After reading these were Fox channels, I was hoping this included access to FX Now apps for ios, apple tv, etc. But I still don't see VZ listed for authentication sign in.
RobertMets12
join:2010-10-16

RobertMets12 to matcarl

to matcarl
When will Fios add the Rsn's to the mobile app.
navyson
join:2011-07-15
Upper Marlboro, MD

navyson to matcarl

to matcarl
Got tired of waiting for Verizon to add channels to the FIOS app that I wanted to watch. I went ahead and bought a Slingbox 350 on Amazon. I only paid $85 and now, I can watch all of my home channels live as well as all of my DVR recordings. It works great on my phone since I have unlimited data(2 unlimited lines for $100) on T-mobile.

Only need I have now for the FIOS app is if I want to remotely schedule my DVR.

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

bohratom to matcarl

to matcarl
Looks like the OP's link is no longer valid....

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

said by bohratom:

Looks like the OP's link is no longer valid....

Wow, the original story was taken down, but I put up another link, thanks.
jgNJ
join:2008-05-20
Hightstown, NJ

jgNJ to matcarl

to matcarl
The "news" on the VZ site says "Additionally, FiOS Mobile makes organizing and managing content easy and convenient. The easy-to-use functions include Remote DVR, TV Listings, My Bookmarks, My Library, On Demand, DVR, Settings and Help. In addition, the FiOS Mobile App offers parental controls, so parents can decide what content they want to allow their children to access."

Which to me implies that you can watch your dvr from the app. That does not seem to be the case which to me means the the statement is not true.

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

Yeah, it's a bit misleading. What they mean by Remote DVR is you can schedule recordings and delete recordings, but you can't watch them.