CANADA

damir to Anzio

to Anzio

Re: [Internet] Rogers New Internet Package and Pricing

what do you mean?
Window7
join:2011-12-22

Window7

He is kinda right - when I had the customer relations people go over the notes from the sales person there were huge gaps in what was discussed but when they pulled the recording they found the items discussed and admitted that yes the sales person was incorrect in what they quoted me.

This is more about how they train their sales people which does reflect back on Rogers.
That they still refuse to honor what was discussed and had to mess around with other discount packages to get close to what was discussed just shows how inflexible their systems are (which is a reflection of the corporation as a whole).

Honestly it should've been a simple thing to extend the 3 month discount to a full 2 years.

$1 more is not a big deal but what is that this call was required in the first place.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere to Window7

Premium Member

to Window7
said by Window7:

said by damir:

said by Window7:

Got my first bill, not even close to what was discussed with the agent.
Missing the $25 bill credit as well.

You'd THINK they'd have gotten this right.

I got my bill, and i was charged less then what i was told that i will be charged.

Called them - they didn't apply the $25 credit for the 1st 3 months but my major issue was my discount for bundling all 3 was only for the first 3 months instead of the quoted full 2 years.

Ended up with a 25% off deal on cable/internet plus another $50 credit - no 2 yr commitment.
All said and done only pay $1 more than what I was quoted.

Just really wish that the sales people were more reliable.

So then why is it that are you staying with Rogers ?
Davesnothere

Davesnothere to Window7

Premium Member

to Window7
said by Window7:

He is kinda right - when I had the customer relations people go over the notes from the sales person there were huge gaps in what was discussed but when they pulled the recording they found the items discussed and admitted that yes the sales person was incorrect in what they quoted me.

This is more about how they train their sales people which does reflect back on Rogers.

That they still refuse to honor what was discussed and had to mess around with other discount packages to get close to what was discussed just shows how inflexible their systems are (which is a reflection of the corporation as a whole).

Honestly it should've been a simple thing to extend the 3 month discount to a full 2 years.

$1 more is not a big deal, but what IS, is that this call was required in the first place.

Same question as I asked just above.
vincom
join:2009-03-06
Bolton, ON

vincom to Window7

to Window7
thats why i cut the cord w/rogers and because of there stupid billing practices, and etc etc....
Window7
join:2011-12-22

Window7 to Davesnothere

to Davesnothere
Because A) it is my money, I will spend it how I want and B) this is still a better deal than anything else currently available in the Canadian market.

damir
join:2013-12-12
CANADA

damir

signed.
ings
Premium Member
join:2004-12-22
Toronto, ON

ings to Window7

Premium Member

to Window7
said by Window7:

this is still a better deal than anything else currently available in the Canadian market.

After 15 years with Bell Internet, I switched from Bell to Rogers Internet about a year ago. I have zero complaints with Rogers (but YMMV) and the 250/20 Rogers delivers to me is a heck of lot better than the 12/1 Bell maxed out at where I live.

Not to diminish the poor customer experiences reported here, I've had my share too over the years, but not everyone has had negative experiences with Rogers (or Bell for that matter).

damir
CANADA

damir

True that.

I've been with Rogers for (about - + couple months) a "year" - and honestly 0 issues.

Free Installation, Excellent deal on 250\20 service (before Ignite), excellent experience on returning Advanced Modem to Rogers store after almost 6 months of use!!!!!!!! (full refund!!!) (after they announced Ignite plans) - close releationship with Rogers NOC for various issues\improvements (ipv6, CGN* bugs, etc).

I honestly can't complain, at least not until now.

Anything and everything CAN happen, but ........

sofar
@choopa.com

sofar

Anon

Switched to Rogers, and so far so good. my only complaint is high ping, but that's to be expected over DOCSIS... rogers routing seems to be flaky at best too

much faster than dsl, but man, cable sucks for ping.

damir
CANADA

damir

High ping to where?
Can you provide some IPs that you are having high ping to?
What are your modem stats?

v6movement
@pppoe.ca

v6movement to TwiztedZero

Anon

to TwiztedZero
said by TwiztedZero:

Correct. When the time comes for them to enable D3.1 line cards at the interconnects, all the existing 24x8 units will likely recieve a firmware push, because Docsis 3.1 is designed purposefully to be backward compatible with Docsis 3.0 in any case. So no worries on that score when that stage of things roll up to our respective doorsteps.

There will be no necessity for new firmware. The existing modems will just continue to work as is. That is the whole point of the two standards co-existing on the same network.
Expand your moderator at work
elec999
join:2005-12-19

elec999 to mtbikerjoe

to mtbikerjoe

Re: [Internet] Rogers New Internet Package and Pricing

I wish the 250/20 was always 69.99. But I guess 94.99 is reasonable.

damir
CANADA

damir

Wow, what a statement, LoL

Cable Dude 4
@rogers.com

Cable Dude 4

Anon

I bet nobody on this board can find another provider anywhere in North America offering 250/20 unlimited with modem rental included for that price, other than the very limited implementation of Google Fiber.

lots
@shawcable.net

lots

Anon

Except it's DOCSIS... may as well just let everyone on the street share a dsl wifi connection. would probably be better latency too

v6movement
@cgocable.net

v6movement to Cable Dude 4

Anon

to Cable Dude 4
said by Cable Dude 4 :

I bet nobody on this board can find another provider anywhere in North America offering 250/20 unlimited with modem rental included for that price, other than the very limited implementation of Google Fiber.

2-3 months out and Rogers will start having congestion issues in many neighborhoods. Start queuing up the node splits now and rush the 32 channel modems as soon as they're available.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

4 edits

Davesnothere to Window7

Premium Member

to Window7
said by Davesnothere:

So then why is it that are you staying with Rogers ?

said by Window7:

Because A) it is my money, I will spend it how I want and B) this is still a better deal than anything else currently available in the Canadian market.

Thanks for clarifying.

I was more interested in the (B) part - the (A) is a given.

Reminds me of why I once put up with Bell's Business Internet and landline phone for a period.

However, eventually their crap outweighed the reasons to stay - mostly billing errors related to broken promises - even with my Business account.

BTW, I do use Rogers for cell phone service - much better than my experience with Virgin (which is part of Bell) once was.
arahman56
join:2011-08-11
Etobicoke, ON

arahman56 to Cable Dude 4

to Cable Dude 4
said by Cable Dude 4 :

»www.beanfield.com/high-s ··· net.html

100/100 for $45.
250/250 for $75
500/500 for $100.

Acrimonius
join:2014-12-06

Acrimonius

THIS is what internet should cost in 2015. Just proves the Big 3 are full of crap when it comes to network expenses and extra fees period. The only downside albeit a small one is there's no option to own your own Modem but that's a debatable issue in this case I guess.
said by beanfield:

Choose your installation options (router required):

1.Pay $150 installation and there’s no monthly charge for the rental of a router
2.Pay $75 installation and pay a $10/month for the rental of a router

If the $45 option was available in SW Ontario I'd sign up in a heartbeat.........
dtchmshkyan
join:2013-08-12
Ottawa, ON

dtchmshkyan to arahman56

to arahman56
This doesn't count cause it is available only in select condo developments in Toronto.

If you can find an ISP that will be willing to pull a fibre line directly to almost any home in major Canadian cities I'll count it in.

Breadwinka
join:2008-06-08
Kitchener, ON

Breadwinka to arahman56

to arahman56
Well to be fair beanfield only services certain condominiums in Toronto not really a big provider.

ipv6movement
@pppoe.ca

ipv6movement to Cable Dude 4

Anon

to Cable Dude 4
said by Cable Dude 4 :

Still overpriced. That just makes it clear how bad the situation is with broadband in North America.
morpheus69
join:2006-04-17
canada

morpheus69 to Acrimonius

to Acrimonius
Don't forget the hugely overpriced condo you'd have to buy to get that internet

rosenqui
Premium Member
join:2004-05-28
Kanata, ON

rosenqui to dtchmshkyan

Premium Member

to dtchmshkyan
said by dtchmshkyan:

If you can find an ISP that will be willing to pull a fibre line directly to almost any home in major Canadian cities I'll count it in.

I think you'd find some that were willing *if* Canada allowed foreign investment in such industries and *if* they were given the same kind of expedited/preferential access that incumbent telcos/cablecos get.

ipv6movement
@pppoe.ca

ipv6movement to morpheus69

Anon

to morpheus69
said by morpheus69:

Don't forget the hugely overpriced condo you'd have to buy to get that internet

So it's overpriced condo for inexpensive Internet or overpriced home and overpriced Internet.

Awesome.
bobnoxe
join:2015-03-30
fiji

bobnoxe to rosenqui

to rosenqui
Think about this? Rogers gets away with outrageous pricing and poor service and is quite profitable. Now the govt says a forgein company can buy a piece of Rogers, or even start your own business, why would anything change? We don't like it, but corporations are making a killing and that won't change.