All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
mosswalker
join:2014-10-06

mosswalker

[Internet] business service

Anyone know if Rogers has symetrical internet in the Yonge Bloor area for Business? The guy at the store on Yonge couldnt answer me as he only sees whats on the screen.

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

JC_

Premium Member

said by mosswalker:

Anyone know if Rogers has symetrical internet in the Yonge Bloor area for Business? The guy at the store on Yonge couldnt answer me as he only sees whats on the screen.

You will only get symmetrical speed if you get FTTB, provided that it's offered in your area/building.
mosswalker

mosswalker

who do i check with for that? Its not on their site and the in store CSR basically knew nothing. Thanks.

Breadwinka
join:2008-06-08
Kitchener, ON

Breadwinka

your best bet is to call the business line and find out, instore reps dont usually deal with business addresses.

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

JC_ to mosswalker

Premium Member

to mosswalker
said by mosswalker:

who do i check with for that? Its not on their site and the in store CSR basically knew nothing. Thanks.

If the Rogers qualification system says that you can't get FTTB it's probable that you can't get as the area/building is only served by coax, you may be able to check with the neighbours or property manager to see if there is any FTTB. If not available from Rogers you could check with Bell or post in »Canadian Broadband to see if there are any fibre providers that serve the building or have some fibre nearby and can do a buildout.
mosswalker

mosswalker

Just gave up on Bell. Back in the day we had 155/155 Ds3x3 on the wall. The guys we shared with moved so we couldnt afford it alone. a couple years ago i call Bell and tell them i want it again. You dont have it they tell me. I argues with them for 18 months about it. Sent them photos and such. Well a few weeks back a fiber guy is in the pit out front of my store changing THAT switch they told me i dont have to serve the Panasonic theater. He even talked to them and told them it was here. No dice. Then i find 250/250 on the website for 251 a month on 3 year. Order it, since it said it was available at this address. And then get told i am not eligible a few days later. So i give up. They are too stupid or too layered too know what the other departments are up to. I am done trying.
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr to JC_

to JC_
The Rogers website, in store CSRs, and the reps you call at 1-888-Rogers-1 won't have access to the right qualifications tool. You need to call Rogers Business Services which is an entirely different subsidiary within Rogers.
mosswalker

mosswalker

said by yyzlhr:

The Rogers website, in store CSRs, and the reps you call at 1-888-Rogers-1 won't have access to the right qualifications tool. You need to call Rogers Business Services which is an entirely different subsidiary within Rogers.

Going to give them a call in the AM .. thanks for the replies guys. If it comes down to it i might just have to bite the bullet and eat an install charge as a business expense and get whole new circuit here