Search similar:

uniqs
Newegg4
Comcast steals modems
join:2004-11-14
Norcross, GA

Newegg4

[Southeast] Speed drop every 10 seconds

These are the specs. Is it a signal problem?

VPI/VCI CRC Errors
8/35 4399

SNR Margin (dB): 30.2 17.0
Attenuation (dB): 4.0 2.0
Output Power (dBm): 5.3 1.6
Attainable Rate (Kbps): 11040 1160
Rate (Kbps): 3552 384
K (number of bytes in DMT frame): 112 13
R (number of check bytes in RS code word): 0 0
S (RS code word size in DMT frame): 1 1
D (interleaver depth): 0 0
Delay (msec): 0 0
ham3843
join:2015-01-15
USA

ham3843

I hear you, I too have been having similar problems but with my slower service 768 Kbps...it seems like the modem and signal to my home is perfect, yet somewhere in AT&Ts network there IS a problem which causes my speed to drop to near nothing, and the time delay to speed ramp up at the start is delayed about 3 or 4 seconds... With a good connection and network you will see the ethernet light and activity light flash in sympathy
first the ethernet light and immediately after the activity light this continues with a good connection and network, however with my service the ethernet light will flash 3 or 4 times without ANY activity light flashes then finally I will get the activity light to flash and for a short time you will get the normal service, then the issue will repeat itself constantly. I was on the phone with AT&T for two hours, they had a tech visit my home three times and the DSLAM as well, they CLAIMED they replaced the F card at the DSLAM ( I have my doubts!) and after the tech visited things looked as good as they ever did, once he left each time the problem returned almost immediately.
Then after contacting the AT&T social media team as David suggested one guy claimed that there is
serious congestion at my CO and that there was NOTHING they would do about it. I asked if they would change my pair to a different router at the CO, they REFUSED. So here I am with piss poor service, and they don't want to do anything about it.