spc
Search similar:

uniqs

DNS Woes
@sbcglobal.net

DNS Woes

Anon

[West] DNS down?

Hello everyone, we've got business service through at&t and today when all of our employees came on site they all complained that websites were unavailable. So I took a look and sure enough our dns server (206.13.28.12) is failing to resolve. We've used this DNS server for years as its faster then their current dns for us at least. Does anyone have any info on whats up?
Thanks!
telehill
join:2002-12-25
San Francisco, CA

telehill

My computer also suddenly failed to connect with AT&T's DNS server (68.94.156.1) this morning...
It is now somewhat "working" again, but I am still having problems connecting with a lot of web sites.

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer to DNS Woes

Premium Member

to DNS Woes
Sorry that I didn't see this thread earlier, but I just checked and it is currently working for me:

C:\>nslookup www.dslreports.com 206.13.28.12
Server: dns1.snfcca.sbcglobal.net
Address: 206.13.28.12

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: www.dslreports.com
Address: 64.91.255.98

Hopefully, it is also now working for you as well.

DNS Woes
@sbcglobal.net

DNS Woes

Anon

Hell all,
sorry for the late response, was out of the country unexpectedly. Of course the second I get on my flight the DNS starts to resolve again.
Guess it was just a random fluke in the system.
Thanks all!
DNSguy
join:2006-04-09
Saint Charles, MO

DNSguy to DNS Woes

to DNS Woes
While that IP does still respond to DNS queries, it's not been part of our recommended DNS settings for years.
We recommend all customers use our anycast resolvers - 68.94.156.1 and 68.94.157.1.
Better reliability and typically better performance.