Search similar:

uniqs
Triggahappy
join:2011-08-15
Mississauga, ON

1 edit

Triggahappy

[Cable] 100/10 and 250/20 tier availability timeline

With the 250/100 down 20/10 up tiers being brought in by Rogers, is there a timeline for Teksavvy's offering these tiers to customers as well? Any estimated cost vs. the Rogers rates (Standard, not promotional).
justinbkerr
join:2011-08-06

justinbkerr

Re: [Cable] 100/10 and 250/10 tier availability timeline

I was wondering that myself. Rogers is selling 250/20 (Unlimited) for the price of Teksavvy's 60/10. Thats not right.

»www.rogers.com/consumer/internet
vincom
join:2009-03-06
Bolton, ON

vincom to Triggahappy

to Triggahappy
rogers is not only giving you speed but unlimited bw also, w t f its the end times for sure.

the crtc better act quickly or tpia's are going to get hammered, once hammered rogers will inexcusably reduce our bw/increase prices because their network cant handle all of us pirating/streaming content, i remember the old days w/rogers - unlimited bw and pretty good internet prices but that didnt last too long.
morisato
join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

morisato

wow... thats some excessive price cuts. 95/month unlimited 250/20? Thats after promotional Period ends... thats in a word INSANE!

What this tells me is maybe rogers got early notice of a impending crtc decison on prices for the indys.. and are trying to strike early. Cause these prices even after promo are Insanely good...

Gimli
Premium Member
join:2006-01-03
l5a2o4

Gimli to Triggahappy

Premium Member

to Triggahappy

Re: [Cable] 100/10 and 250/20 tier availability timeline

Holy Crap
vincom
join:2009-03-06
Bolton, ON

vincom

Re: [Cable] 100/10 and 250/10 tier availability timeline

2 months ago i could only get 60down from rogers, now i got confirmation that i can get 250/20, i dont remember seeing any work by rogers in my area.

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium Member
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON

Teddy Boom to morisato

Premium Member

to morisato
It is pretty amazing that the list price is that low. Lots of people have been getting that kind of price after negotiations though.
said by morisato:

What this tells me is maybe rogers got early notice of a impending crtc decison on prices for the indys..

Well, the real amazing thing in that direction is this: »Re: R-Cable *new speed*
15/1 tariff is 19.25$
100/10 tariff is 23.32$

what's funny is that current 60/10 tariff is 28.65$ and current 10/1 is 19.25$.
dallas1
join:2014-04-16
Oshawa

dallas1 to justinbkerr

to justinbkerr
Look like everyone gonna be switching over to rogers
mikeylbl
join:2011-02-28
Scarborough, ON

mikeylbl to Triggahappy

to Triggahappy

Jesus.... that 250/20 unlimited Rogers.... is tempting.....

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

4 recommendations

HiVolt

Premium Member

Remember, it IS Rogers... bait you, then screw you later...

oshawapilot
join:2005-07-12
Courtice, ON

oshawapilot to Triggahappy

to Triggahappy
I've been a big independent ISP fan for years (haven't had Bell nor Rogers in my house in probably close to 8-10 years) but wow...even as a big Teksavvy fan...this has me thinking. I'm paying $60/Month for DSL25 Dryloop after the dryloop and modem rental fees. Not a lot more to go up to 100 meg service.

Very tempting. I hope the indy's have some sort of comparable offering really quickly otherwise they'll start shedding customers like crazy very, very soon.
mikeylbl
join:2011-02-28
Scarborough, ON

mikeylbl to Triggahappy

to Triggahappy
Yup like shit.. I'm paying 94.99 for 60/10 unlimited with Teksavvy.. god damnit
djgallaw
join:2008-06-28

djgallaw

Yeah me too, I'm on 60/10 not unlimited but am tired of trying to schedule all my backups and downloads in the unlimited window and constantly watching my usage. I've made contact with a rep on RFD and will probably going to switch. Not something I really want to do after being with Tek for longer than I can remember.
I_needhelp
join:2004-07-08

I_needhelp

I didn't think I'd see the day where teksavvy would have to adjust to compete with Rogers. Doesn't help that Rogers is offering that kind of value right after the price increases for teksavvy. I see lots of people here/RFD making the jump.

It's tempting for sure. I'll wait it out a bit to see if teksavvy does anything.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

1 recommendation

TwiztedZero to Triggahappy

Premium Member

to Triggahappy
You guys aren't listening.

There Are NO MODEMS!!!

We can't do a thing until we get those damn multi-channel bonding modems.

END of discussion.

Meanwhile we wait for the smoke to clear and the dust to settle.

The rest of this mess will have to be ironed out in the very next while.

Its disappointing.

But don't give up yet.

damir
join:2013-12-12
CANADA

damir

There is approved modem, just "pricey"!

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by damir:

There is approved modem, just "pricey"!

If it doesn't exist for customers to buy, it might as well not exist at all.

This modem is like Duke Nukem Forever.... some will get the reference, lol.

damir
CANADA

damir

LoL!

Well, i don't get it - if its approved\tested, and modem exist (available for purchase) - why don't ISPs get it ? (i am a bit lost here - did not read much about that modem \ situation - to be honest with you).

geokilla
join:2010-10-04
North York, ON

geokilla to TwiztedZero

to TwiztedZero
said by TwiztedZero:

There Are NO MODEMS!!!

We can't do a thing until we get those damn multi-channel bonding modems.

END of discussion.

Meanwhile we wait for the smoke to clear and the dust to settle.

The rest of this mess will have to be ironed out in the very next while.

Its disappointing.

But don't give up yet.

Can't we use the same modem that Rogers is using for their 250/20 package?

damir
CANADA

damir

I believe this was discussed before, and i think the answer is no.

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium Member
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON

Teddy Boom to geokilla

Premium Member

to geokilla
said by geokilla:

Can't we use the same modem that Rogers is using for their 250/20 package?

According to the CRTC's regulations, yes. According to Rogers, no. More here:
»Re: [Cable] SBG6580 Videotron - Teksavvy
Expand your moderator at work
ezacarias
join:2008-10-26
Mississauga, ON

ezacarias

Waiting for TS response to the new pricing plan as well. Want to stick with TS but the rogers plan is tempting, since I work from home.

damir
CANADA

damir to damnpatico

to damnpatico
I dont think the end is nowhere near, but, yep, lots of people will be switching.
damir

damir to ezacarias

to ezacarias
said by ezacarias:

Waiting for TS response to the new pricing plan as well. Want to stick with TS but the rogers plan is tempting, since I work from home.

Good luck with that.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero to damir

Premium Member

to damir
said by damir:

lots of people will be switching.

Not me. I'm sticking with TSI thru thick n thin, even it it means I gotta bitch about it a wee bit.
I'm only slightly pissy cause of the delay with the new unicorn modems. Other than that I'm good.

This other stuff with CNOC, CRTC and all is a different bag of worms.
marshymarshy
join:2013-08-14

marshymarshy to Triggahappy

to Triggahappy
It's tempting for sure. I'm on the TS 150/10 plan and for only $8 more I could get unlimited bandwidth and a huge speed increase? I absolutely hate Rogers but I also can't ignore that cost to speed upgrade opportunity.

I really hope TS offers the 250/20 plan soon. Heck, I'd be willing to upgrade my modem for a 3rd time just to stay with TS.

jmck
formerly 'shaded'
join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON

jmck to ezacarias

to ezacarias
said by ezacarias:

TSI just updated it's pricing 2 months ago and mostly increased it slightly (while adding a bit more monthly cap). their pricing is based entirely on their costs and so far TPIA costs have not gone down regardless of this new Rogers retail pricing. until that cost goes down you won't see anything change likely.

Jay_P
join:2005-12-12
Montreal, QC

Jay_P to TwiztedZero

to TwiztedZero
said by TwiztedZero:

There Are NO MODEMS!!!

Quoting Ebox's diskace
Well said, as for the 24x4 / 24x8 modems we currently have the DPC3848 from cisco approved but north of 200$ it's ridiculously expensive. We should have better option later this year, until then you probably won't see any 100/10 offer from TPIA.
xdrag
join:2005-02-18
North York, ON

1 edit

xdrag

Can I just say something?

I've been a TSI user since 2007 so I've supported them since the beginning.... but the Rogers package is HUGE in value.

They also offer FREE NHL 2015 AND 2016. plus whatever that shompi shit is... The NHL package is already $200+ if you purchase it separately.

This has never been more tempting to switch.

Moreover, TSI raised their prices just recently.... Man. I'm still tip toeing my way with ZTC whereas there's unlimited 100/10 on the other side.

Then you have to buy the unicorn (yet to be approved) modem... $100-$200.

I'm starting to get a little frustrated here on the TSI side.

The CS has also been on the decline. For the past year, everytime i've had an issue, I had to run through those gazillion useless tests.

Quite frankly, I don't even bother contacting TSI when I have an issue anymore. Too much hassle to run 10 different test (+ screenshots). I just hope that the issue blows over and rogers was doing some maintenance work.