spc
Search similar:

uniqs
TonyD79
join:2010-04-08
Ellicott City, MD

TonyD79

Remote question

I have a fios DVR in my living room and would like to add another device to take advantage of picture and picture for my TV. Do the adapter boxes use a different remote? Can you even have two fios devices in the same room and control via different remote codes?

I know the adapter boxes are SD only, but my additional picture has to be SD anyway.

PoloDude
Premium Member
join:2006-03-29
Aiken, SC

PoloDude

Premium Member

The adapter boxes ,called DCTs use the same remote as all the other boxes do. There is no way to program them with separate codes.
Having 2 STBs in the same room, you will have to block the IR receiver on one , I would assume the DCT .
crgauth
join:2004-05-18
Glen Burnie, MD

crgauth to TonyD79

to TonyD79
Does your TV have PIP for anything other than antenna/coax input?
Mine doesn't. I just hook cable direct in to my TV. I can get all of the locals which is generally what I want anyway.
TonyD79
Ellicott City, MD

TonyD79

Thanks for the answers.

The TV can do anything SD for second picture.

PoloDude
Premium Member
Aiken, SC

PoloDude to TonyD79

Premium Member

to TonyD79
Your SD tv has a QAM tuner and can search for digital channels ?
TonyD79
Ellicott City, MD

TonyD79

Pretty sure it does but it is not wired up to do so and the wires are behind the wall.

PoloDude
Premium Member
Aiken, SC

PoloDude

Premium Member

QAM tuners are either built into the tv or you can buy an external one. Not sure what you mean by "the wires are behind the wall"
TonyD79
Ellicott City, MD

TonyD79

I mean that unless I want to do a lot of work (and get help to do it), I will have to dangle a wire to the TV as the installation was done by a pro and the wires to my TV are all inside the wall. I never had it set up for using the TV tuner.