spc
Search similar:

uniqs
rstahl
join:2015-03-06
Raleigh, NC

rstahl

When can I order Gigapower after fiber installed

AT&T recently installed fiber in my neighborhood and will be offering the Gigapower service to all homes. I'm just curious how long it typically takes AT&T to light the fiber and offer service once the fiber has been laid.
brianlan
join:2009-10-12
Garner, NC

brianlan

Well in my neighborhood fiber was wired to anyone buying AT&T services for a full two years before they offered Gigapower services over the same fiber. They did change out the ONT on my neighbors house to a newer model when he ordered Gigapower too. Since I was a first time order, I received the newer ONT at install time.

I cant wait for you to be able to call TWC and tel them to send you your prorated check!
rstahl
join:2015-03-06
Raleigh, NC

rstahl

We received door hangers a couple weeks ago regarding AT&T's intention to offer us Gigapower and that they would be coming through and digging up yards to lay the fiber. They laid the fiber a couple days ago, so I am looking forward to the new service. Hopefully I can achieve the same speeds you are getting per your other posts. I have a home office and currently have TWC business class. I haven't had any reliability problems, but am paying through the nose for their 50Mbps service. I assume AT&T will also offer a business class service for Gigapower.
rstahl

rstahl to brianlan

to brianlan
BTW. I currently already have copper from the curb to my house, but I assume with Gigapower AT&T will lay a new fiber cable from the curb to my house--it's about 60 ft.
brianlan
join:2009-10-12
Garner, NC

brianlan

Yeah, truthfully I dont know the timelines here. Like I said it was already in place when Gigapower went live.