All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
docbill
join:2006-10-24
Stoney Creek, ON

docbill

[Cable] Why do I keep getting routed to cloudflare?

This has been driving me crazy for quite sometime. It seems all my web traffic is being redirected through cloudflare. This is aggravating, mainly because there are some sights where this results in almost 100% failure. For example:

eztv.ch

If I use VPN tunnel or proxy, I can connect to these same sights without issues. So the problem is cloudflare, not the websites themselves. I have searched my computers for spyware, etc that could be directing me through cloudflare, but I have found none. I finally reached the conclusion Start Communications must be doing this redirect. How do I override?

Regards,

Bill
docbill

docbill

Oh. I might be wrong about this. For the first time ever I got cloudflare errors when using a US proxy. That error came from Los Angeles, while normally the ones I get when going through Start Communications directly is in Toronto. Perhaps it is something else that does the cloudflare redirects, and the US cloudflare servers are more reliable than the Canadian ones...

TypeS
join:2012-12-17
London, ON

TypeS to docbill

to docbill
»torrentfreak.com/eztv-su ··· -150304/

IIRC, CloudFlare is a CDN, so the error pages you're seeing are not a redirect but the network EZTV is hosting on reporting an error with the actual site (not the network however). Seems to have been on going since Wednesday.

I just tried to get to the site from 3 different ISPs, only one worked so the issue is between CloudFlare & EZTV.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
join:2008-11-16
London, ON

rocca to docbill

Premium Member

to docbill
The way CouldFare works is that it caches content in it's CDN and handles the DNS for the domain, providing a local IP to the CDN. However if it can't reach the source site for whatever reason (ie the site itself is down, or has routing issues to CF's network), then the cache goes stale and you see that error. Ie, eztv.ch is definitely having issues.

damir
join:2013-12-12
CANADA

damir to docbill

to docbill
said by docbill:

This has been driving me crazy for quite sometime. It seems all my web traffic is being redirected through cloudflare. This is aggravating, mainly because there are some sights where this results in almost 100% failure. For example:

eztv.ch

If I use VPN tunnel or proxy, I can connect to these same sights without issues. So the problem is cloudflare, not the websites themselves. I have searched my computers for spyware, etc that could be directing me through cloudflare, but I have found none. I finally reached the conclusion Start Communications must be doing this redirect. How do I override?

Regards,

Bill

r u still seeing the error? From Rogers i don't see any issue.

I use CF personally, for 3 of my websites and i never had any issues with the routing, etc.

jmck
formerly 'shaded'
join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON

jmck

CF errors usually happen because the origin server is down (DDoS, technical issues, etc).

damir
join:2013-12-12
CANADA

damir

Only of you have option keep alive :P enabled haha
imtiax
Premium Member
join:2014-05-24
Toronto, ON

imtiax to docbill

Premium Member

to docbill
EZTV has been having downtime for the last 2 days.

For now I'd recommend using »kickass.to/ or a different site.

I'm assuming your trying torrent shows/movies, if so, you can try »popcorntime.io/
Paul in WA
join:2010-09-11
Centralia, WA

Paul in WA to docbill

to docbill
This has been up all along: »eztv-proxy.net/
Paul in WA

Paul in WA to docbill

to docbill
This has been up and working for me all along: »eztv-proxy.net/