spc
Search similar:

uniqs
RetiredInFL
join:2002-11-04
The Villages, FL

RetiredInFL

[Quantum] VHO7 - Suddenly lost about 1/3rd of my channels - did **I** break it

I'm in NNJ (VHO7). All of a sudden many channels disappeared. I have the "Extreme" package. Some HBO's come in, many don't, none of the news channels come in except for Aljezeera. I get some SHO's, a couple HBO's, MAX etc but not all of them. I have powered off and rebooted everything umpteen times. Very strange. I got the "call the automated number" prompt on the TV and it said it will be fixed by 2PM tomorrow.

I am not sure if this was my fault or it was timing or coincidence. I was playing around with the FIOS IP addresses through my router trying to move them off the DYNAMIC .1xx address into my static pool using "static dynamic" and everything went fine. .2xx addresses were picked up without problem on the 2 IPC boxes (didn't change the server yet).

This problem began shortly after that so I put everything back to where it was and it didn't come back so I am not sure if I caused this or it was just coincidence.

Can messing with the IP's cause a programming problem? The IP's were all there but even after putting it back to "original factory stock" it didn't help. I only got as far as changing the 2 IPC boxes the server remained on it's default .101 address.

mack1951
Universal Soldier
join:2000-04-18
Bayonne, NJ

mack1951

I am in VHO 7 ae well and have no problem with channels missing. I don't have any of the movie channels and have the prefered package. The problem could be with the extreme package or you may have borked something.

Rattler
join:2001-04-13
Havertown, PA

Rattler to RetiredInFL

to RetiredInFL
Are you getting a "Not Subscribed" message, or do the channels just not tune with the "Not Available" screen? I'd check all the coax connections between the ONT and your STB(s) to make sure they are all firm. Sometimes, slightly loose connections will cause a loss of random channels.

Also, go into the menu and select the "Fix FiOS TV Issues" (or whatever it's called). I've had that repair things that a reboot wouldn't, even a hard reboot of the STB by yanking the power cord.
RetiredInFL
The Villages, FL

RetiredInFL

Well, according to a tech support "manager" I just spoke with it is a wide area outage affecting QUANTUM only but not all Quantum boxes and in various areas not just mine. It is due to a failed pushed update.

Message I am getting is "subscription failure." I have rebooted umpteen times and gone thru every available fix. Guess I just have to wait. Then I get a message for an "important update" which never happens.
bsangs
join:2002-08-21
Montclair, NJ

bsangs

said by RetiredInFL:

Well, according to a tech support "manager" I just spoke with it is a wide area outage affecting QUANTUM only but not all Quantum boxes and in various areas not just mine. It is due to a failed pushed update.

Message I am getting is "subscription failure." I have rebooted umpteen times and gone thru every available fix. Guess I just have to wait. Then I get a message for an "important update" which never happens.

Wait, a bug that effects Quantum? Really? How surprising. That's so unheard of around here.
RetiredInFL
The Villages, FL

RetiredInFL

Issue resolved!

»Re: [IMG] New Quantum IMG Build - 3.24.2 (1/26/15)