uniqs

bigfitch
Premium Member
join:2005-06-01
Montgomery, IL

bigfitch

Premium Member

Xbox 360 connection being weird

To mod, Hope I am posting in the correct spot.. If not please move to correct location. Thanks

OK,
Maybe someone has had this problem or knows of a solution but as of now I am out of ideas.

My brother who lives in Texas "has Comcast internet" and myself "In aurora on Comcast Business class" have all of a sudden started having issues connecting to party chat and also to each others games. The ONLY thing that has changed was I had Comcast change my speed tier. Same modem, same wired connections to router, and such.

I have been through both of our routers and double checked all ports and even went the DMZ route for the Xbox's at both ends so they would be wide open.

We can not join each others games, can not join a party he creates and he can not join mine, If one of our friends makes a game we can join the game and play and such but as soon as the 3rd party leaves we loose connection.

Strange thing is my router went to a different IP range and on test sites it shows my location as South Bend, IN.

Comcast says connection is fine, Xbox tech says its Comcast back and forth.

Any ideas would be appreciated.
dallas1
join:2014-04-16
Oshawa

dallas1

Get someone to host your party for you Is your Nat type open

Hard Harry7
join:2010-10-19
Narragansett, RI

Hard Harry7 to bigfitch

to bigfitch
Sounds like a NAT issue. What modem/gateway do you have with Comcast? Its possible when they did the service change something on the back end got messed up and the gateway was reset to default. Also, do you just have the Comcast device or do you also have a separate router?

Also, if you do a Xbox live test, where does it fail?
»support.xbox.com/en-US/x ··· olutions