Search similar:

uniqs

bigaction
@optonline.net

bigaction to AndySmith

Anon

to AndySmith

Re: Washing Vehicle Undercarriages

underwasher came today... that was fast... calling for snow Friday, so might be using it Saturday see how well it really works.

forhahas
@optonline.net

forhahas

Anon

For hahas figured I'd post saying it is what it is, pvc with holes drilled in it... did it spray water under the truck yep, did it look like the vid, nope, I'd guess they are on city water (I am on well pretty much expected less pressure) really only useful (to me) for under the thing in the middle, wheel wells and rockers I'd still do by "hand" with the old brass hose nozzle but for a car, (again I was using it on a truck) I can see how it be very useful to get under there... the old style brass nozzles however do a great job of cleaning the truck, all the underwasher does is save me alot of bending over trying to wash the middle of the truck... and saves me from using a lawn sprinkler and leaving it running like, all day (cause I would... moar water = moar clean amirite)
bobinny
join:2014-08-03
usa

2 edits

bobinny to XXXXXXXXXXX1

to XXXXXXXXXXX1
When I first saw this post I was kind of interested, but thought who washes the bottom of their car?
Well, 2 weeks ago I replaced both weeping (not totally leaking) rear wheel cylinders before a NY state inspection. Replaced both rear wheel cylinders and bled the brakes, all was well. An easy 2 hour job.
Jumped on the brakes as a test, just hard enough to make the nose of the car dip and a right front brake hose (should have said pipe or line) burst. This is the second time my 2002 Buick had a rusted through brake pipe.
The first burst brake pipe was caused by rust inside the plastic clip that holds the rear pipes to the floor of the car. The most recent rusted through pipe was a completely exposed pipe from the ABS to the right front caliper. 5 feet of perfect pipe with 3 inches of rusted rot in the middle.
mob (banned)
On the next level..
join:2000-10-07
San Jose, CA

mob (banned)

said by bobinny:

When I first saw this post I was kind of interested, but thought who washes the bottom of their car?
Well, 2 weeks ago I replaced both weeping (not totally leaking) rear wheel cylinders before a NY state inspection. Replaced both rear wheel cylinders and bled the brakes, all was well. An easy 2 hour job.
Jumped on the brakes as a test, just hard enough to make the nose of the car dip and a right front brake hose burst. This is the second time my 2002 Buick had a rusted through brake pipe.
The first burst brake pipe was caused by rust inside the plastic clip that holds the rear pipes to the floor of the car. The most recent rusted through pipe was a completely exposed pipe from the ABS to the right front caliper. 5 feet of perfect pipe with 3 inches of rusted rot in the middle.

OK.

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
join:2002-03-30
Pennsylvania

onebadmofo to bobinny

Premium Member

to bobinny
said by bobinny:

Jumped on the brakes as a test, just hard enough to make the nose of the car dip and a right front brake hose burst. This is the second time my 2002 Buick had a rusted through brake pipe.

Soooo...the point to this whole story is.....................???
bobinny
usa

bobinny

I think I will wash the underside of my car to remove the salt that is eating away at my brake lines. I actually think that this is a good idea.
Busting a brake line in the driveway is a pain, but thankfully it's not as serious as having to do an emergency stop at 70mph on the highway and finding out that you have no brakes.

sotheresthat
@optonline.net

sotheresthat to bobinny

Anon

to bobinny
Hose is rubber (not affected by salt) a line is metal... affected by salt...

Really hope NC or SS line was put on as a replacement...
bobinny
usa

bobinny

I think everyone knew what I meant, but just to make you happy I edited the line.
"a right front brake hose (should have said pipe or line) burst."
I will be polite and say no more