gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
join:2002-03-30
Pennsylvania

onebadmofo

Premium Member

These things suck

»www.neweggbusiness.com/p ··· 0k-00416
But I need to get them because in our office building, we have some cables that need to be covered up to prevent a tripping hazard.
My thought is to prevent them from eventually lifting up off of the double sided tape because it WILL do that), is to use some really good velcro instead. The thing is I would be trying to adhere it to carpet.

So my question is, is there anything out there that will adhere to carpet to allow for this type of cable cover to stay put?

garys_2k
Premium Member
join:2004-05-07
Farmington, MI

garys_2k

Premium Member

Nothing that could nearly considered permanent. If you have to get cables across a high traffic area you will have to go over or under the aisle: Below the floor or above the ceiling.

JoeIac
Premium Member
join:2009-03-02
MA

1 recommendation

JoeIac to onebadmofo

Premium Member

to onebadmofo
Can you try something like this?
»www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh ··· =details

That's meant to velcro right to the carpet. We have some (I don't know what brand they are, a different department purchased them) at work in conference rooms behind podiums and they seem to hold up well. But that's not a high-traffic area.

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
Pennsylvania

onebadmofo

Premium Member

Well I'm not looking for it to be permanent, just to resist the the natural recoil those types of products have.

Because they recoil back to the circular look, they end up becoming more of a hazard than the actual cables.

Running up in the ceiling isn't frowned on, just unnecessary. Not to mention it would look odd since these cables are ethernet cables running to conference phones in the middle of a long set of tables.

Under the floor or carpet though can't happen.
onebadmofo

onebadmofo to JoeIac

Premium Member

to JoeIac
said by JoeIac:

Can you try something like this?
»www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh ··· =details

That's meant to velcro right to the carpet. We have some (I don't know what brand they are, a different department purchased them) at work in conference rooms behind podiums and they seem to hold up well. But that's not a high-traffic area.

Oh those are awesome! And they have them on NeweggBusiness too!

Thanks man!

skipon11
Premium Member
join:2005-06-09
Pittsburgh, PA

skipon11 to onebadmofo

Premium Member

to onebadmofo
How about something like this,keep cable on walls and ceiling,nothing on floor.
»www.zoro.com/i/G0570805/ ··· od1TUA1w

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
Pennsylvania

onebadmofo

Premium Member

said by skipon11:

How about something like this,keep cable on walls and ceiling,nothing on floor.
»www.zoro.com/i/G0570805/ ··· od1TUA1w

Yeah that still wouldn't work.
The conference phone is in the middle of the room away from walls. So we'd have this cable coming directly from the ceiling down to the phone in the middle of the table.
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

1 recommendation

Kearnstd to onebadmofo

Premium Member

to onebadmofo
»www.grainger.com/categor ··· og/N-of3

fair selection of things that might work.

onebadmofo
gat gnitsoP
Premium Member
Pennsylvania

onebadmofo

Premium Member

said by Kearnstd:

»www.grainger.com/categor ··· og/N-of3

fair selection of things that might work.

Those are cool. A bit too heavy duty for us though. Plus NewEggBusiness doesn't carry them.
I already placed the order for the ones JoeIac See Profile posted. I only needed 2 of them.