The name's Bond. James Bond.
MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX

2 edits

Nezmo

MVM

[STB] Lost Data Connection on STB

I had to reboot my Verizon router for an unrelated reason Sunday. After doing so one of my 7 STBs no longer has a data connection although the TV signal is just fine. The box is not pulling an IP address. I have rebooted the STB several times, done the online automatic troubleshooting (did not expect that help), and power cycled the STB as well as restarted the router again. I do know that one time before when I was doing some cabling on another box I had this issue on this box but a reboot resolved it then. I guess this sounds like a marginal signal issue? I'll crawl around the attic when I get time and recheck connections but thought I'd get some thoughts here while I wait.

BTW, this is non-Quantam/VMS. It's a 7100-2.
bsangs
join:2002-08-21
Montclair, NJ

bsangs

Back when I had 7232s, that was an all too frequent occurrence for me. Online tech support - whether in the Verizon Direct forum here or the Twitter feed - always got it back up and running.

PoloDude
Premium Member
join:2006-03-29
Aiken, SC

PoloDude to Nezmo

Premium Member

to Nezmo
Do you have all HD stbs?

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX

Nezmo

MVM

said by PoloDude:

Do you have all HD stbs?

Yes, two 7232s and the rest 7100-2s. I'm trying the Direct forum now.
Nezmo

Nezmo

MVM

Moved the box to a working outlet and it was fine. Moved it back to its old spot and it's now working. And yes, I had already removed and replaced the connections at the old spot before physically trying another location.

Gremlins.