spc
Search similar:

uniqs
londoner1
join:2007-04-26
London, ON

londoner1

[rCable] New Plans Pricing & Retentions

Thought I'd add a summary of my call to Rogers retentions (earlier today). I've had TV services with R for I'd guess 6 yrs now. For the past 4 yrs my bill for Basic Services has been $18.07 ($15.99+tax) per month.

Basic Service, no digital box, no PV, no HD....Plain basic service. My 2 yrs expires March 11th, 2015 The latest bill showed the services increasing from $16 to $37.50....OUCH

Called to cancel, and after the rep tried to convince me to move my Internet (Start), Phone (Voip.ms), Cell (Bell) they offered me the exact same service at the $15.99/month. Basic service, local content and no commitment period.

The only thing that was possibly interesting lis they offered the 100M/10M service at $84.95 a month and a $20 per month credit for 12 Months. That included unlimited data, the wifi modem included free. However I informed the rep that I has no interest in moving from my current provider.

The take away....if you're like me and use Crackle, Plex, and other streaming services a Cable TV service can still be less then $20 a month if you ask, and wait for the rep to look into the available options.
vincom
join:2009-03-06
Bolton, ON

vincom

they were going to give u $20 credit/month for 1yr w/internet only service? including the 3mnth promo price?
does ur tv service need the dta box, how many tv's r connected?
londoner1
London, ON

londoner1

The $20 credit per month was if I had both TV and Internet...It doesn't make any sense for me to move from Start (the referral credits, UL not counted, and traffic that stays here in London doesn't count either between customers on Start (think PLEX Streaming

I have to swap the Cisco DTA adapter for some device (Rogers store on Friday)....Frankly I've only used that device like twice....on the 2 TV's I have the coax directly attached....sure I miss out on a couple channels that have moved off analog..but i don;t miss or watch those. That may change as they move more channels over to digital.....I'll know better what channels are come Friday and what this new hardware is that I'm swapping the DTA for..

I think the $20 was in lieu of any 3 month promotion...not sure exactly
96964493 (banned)
join:2015-01-09
USA

96964493 (banned)

Why does the upload not counting matter and the local traffic matter? If Rogers is offering your something unlimited, the other perks of free upload and free local traffic shouldn't matter.
londoner1
London, ON

londoner1

The UL not counting works because i have a PLEX media server running and with some of the people being here in town on Start its even better From what I understand its only traffic passing through the head end in TO that gets counted. So someone in London with 100 GB of traffic can stream via a roku or AppleTV and not have to watch data usage. Sure I'd be fine on unlimited and the promotion (until it ended) but friends and family might all of a sudden be exceeding their usage cap.
alpovs
join:2009-08-08

alpovs

AFAIK, the interconnect is in Toronto, so you traffic goes to Toronto and then returns to London.
Helkish
join:2015-03-11
Canada

Helkish to londoner1

to londoner1
said by londoner1:

However I informed the rep that I has no interest in moving from my current provider.

The take away....if you're like me and use Crackle, Plex, and other streaming services a Cable TV service can still be less then $20 a month if you ask, and wait for the rep to look into the available options.

Good move. They only give you the deal for a short time any way. Also when there are other charges like if you want to keep your phone number you have to pay to port it.

I'm also on basic but I'm paying $40/month with Cogeco. I'm probably going to cancel it because there is nothing on most of the time. There are some other channels that interest me but there is no way I'm paying those prices. I might get flak from my daughter who watches treehouse, but for the price of years worth of cable I can buy a ton of dvds from walmart for her.