Search similar:

uniqs
jr461
join:2006-12-21
Montvale, NJ

jr461 to nascar

to nascar

Re: [Guide] IMG 1.9.8 (Legacy STB's)

Not sure if I missed it - any word on rollout timing and VHO order?

Branch
:D
Premium Member
join:2014-07-22
VHO 4

Branch

Premium Member

no, almost everyone has asked, and no one seems to have info

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

said by Branch:

and no one seems to have info

And don't look at me! LOL.

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX

Nezmo to matcarl

MVM

to matcarl
said by matcarl:

said by PJL:

The message in the STB Message Center summarizes these changes, and interestingly refers to "...your Arris Set Top Box..." This pertains to our Motorola STB too I presume?

You got a message already? Guess you guys are first?

Yup, the message is here in TX too. Better get these in before Frontier buys and kills us I guess.
Baff
join:2007-12-05
Murrieta, CA

Baff to jr461

to jr461
Just got 1.9.8 in CA.

MeatChicken
join:2007-08-15
Paramus, NJ

MeatChicken to nascar

to nascar
Is the VOD skip FWD/Back able to be user set ( 30 sec, 1 min ect) or is it a 10 min default only, & is it active for all OnDemand selections/networks that do not have trick play disabled?

BSAIII
join:2007-06-16
Las Vegas, NV

BSAIII to nascar

to nascar
Still need Start Recording late and/or End Recording early option to defeat the programming/scheduling jerks at various networks!

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX

Nezmo to Baff

MVM

to Baff
said by Baff:

Just got 1.9.8 in CA.

Here too in TX.

nascar
join:2000-02-28
Verona, NJ

nascar to MeatChicken

to MeatChicken
VOD: Skip for purchased titles
said by MeatChicken:

Is the VOD skip FWD/Back able to be user set ( 30 sec, 1 min ect) or is it a 10 min default only, & is it active for all OnDemand selections/networks that do not have trick play disabled?

PJL
join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

PJL to BSAIII

to BSAIII
said by BSAIII:

Still need Start Recording late and/or End Recording early option to defeat the programming/scheduling jerks at various networks!

This option was already available. Once a recording is set you can check it and modify the start time to begin early (1, 5, 10 or 15 minutes) or end late (1, 5, 10, 15, 30, 60, 90, or 120 minutes). Is this what you are asking for?

MeatChicken
join:2007-08-15
Paramus, NJ

MeatChicken to nascar

to nascar
said by nascar:

VOD: Skip for purchased titles

said by MeatChicken:

So I ASSume that means HBO on demand ect can't use skip ...
What about the skip duration, is it user settable or 10 min default only ...?

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl to PJL

Premium Member

to PJL
said by PJL:

said by BSAIII:

This option was already available. Once a recording is set you can check it and modify the start time to begin early (1, 5, 10 or 15 minutes) or end late (1, 5, 10, 15, 30, 60, 90, or 120 minutes). Is this what you are asking for?

No, he wants the opposite, to start a show late and stop it early. I have a feeling he ain't getting that. How many people would use that?
PJL
Long Beach, CA

PJL

I guess that would be a "manual" recording then which would seem to do what BSAIII wants, although I will let them speak to this. (I actually see no utility in this function. Why would one want to start late and stop early?)
PJL

PJL to nascar

to nascar
I received the 1.9.8 update without incident. I think the tweaks are great -- they answer some of the complaints made on earlier builds. I've not found any bugs.
webcobbler
join:2013-03-09
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler

Will this be rolled out on the usual schedule? Or did everyone with legacy boxes get it last night?
PJL
Long Beach, CA

PJL

It is unlikely that everyone got the update as (per prior posts in this thread) only people in Texas and California had gotten the notification message in the STB Message Center.

Lt Belspur
join:2003-11-15
Sarasota, FL

1 edit

Lt Belspur to nascar

to nascar
Nothing yet here in Florida.

No message either.

But the beach view is nice this time of year. »www.seesarasotalive.com/ ··· esta-key

Hail to Spring Break 2015.

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

Maybe you meant "hail." Save the "hale" for the Weather Channel thread, haha

Lt Belspur
join:2003-11-15
Sarasota, FL

Lt Belspur

Oops, Spell checker.
Thanks,
Gerryex
join:2006-05-19
Land O Lakes, FL

Gerryex to nascar

to nascar
My sister and I (different households) have been getting a number of spontaneous reboots, many times when the DVR is turned on. (Yes, I know most of the circuitry is really on when the DVR is "off" but both our remotes are set up to turn off the DVR.)

Anyway, is there a chance that this new version will help stop the re-boots?

Thanks,
Gerry

keyboards
join:2001-02-14
Doylestown, PA

keyboards to PJL

to PJL
said by PJL:

I guess that would be a "manual" recording then which would seem to do what BSAIII wants, although I will let them speak to this. (I actually see no utility in this function. Why would one want to start late and stop early?)

The utility is for when a show ends 1 minute after the hour (like Shark Tank does) and causes a conflict with the legacy 2 tuner DVRs. Yes a manual recording gets you around the issue but is an unnecessary. And yes I would use that option if it were available.

BSAIII
join:2007-06-16
Las Vegas, NV

BSAIII to PJL

to PJL
Your set a recording for 8:00. At 9:00 you have 2 shows set to record. Because the 8:00 show ends at 9:01 you get a conflict. I am told is the 9:00 shows are series one of them will start recording at 9:01. A stand alone recordimg will not.

If they can write code to do early start and late end they can easily do late start and early end.

Before retirement I was a programmer. I know it an be done.
crgauth
join:2004-05-18
Glen Burnie, MD

crgauth to PJL

to PJL
Do the legacy STBs still have a reminder feature? They removed it from Quantum.
I know lots of people have asked for it. Some to help people that are disabled and some like myself who just think it is cool to be able to have my TV turn on automatically in the am to the local news channel I prefer to watch.
jr461
Montvale, NJ

jr461 to nascar

to nascar
Did they remove that really annoying bug that jumps a recording being FF to around a minute of the end out of the program and back to the menu?
PJL
Long Beach, CA

PJL to crgauth

to crgauth
said by crgauth:

Do the legacy STBs still have a reminder feature?

Yes.
jr461
Montvale, NJ

jr461

Has this been deployed to any areas this week?

dcowboy
join:2012-05-10
Pequannock, NJ

dcowboy to nascar

to nascar
I wish the highlighted channel was the top channel in the guide.
I always forget to look at the channel above it - like channel 507 in the post 1 example pic.
sbernstein5
join:2005-01-18
10024-5650

sbernstein5 to nascar

to nascar
Also wondering if they finally fixed the bug that causes the program that you're currently watching (if you're watching it from the DVR) to freeze momentarily when a new recording starts or ends in the background? It's been around for the last 2 IMG versions for me.
PJL
Long Beach, CA

PJL to dcowboy

to dcowboy
Do you have 1.9.8? In it the "current" program has a wide highlight around it which makes it much easier to pick out the "highlighted" channel. It's hard to miss.

nascar
join:2000-02-28
Verona, NJ

nascar to jr461

to jr461
there should be deployments this week
said by jr461:

Has this been deployed to any areas this week?