uniqs

dcowboy
join:2012-05-10
Pequannock, NJ

dcowboy to PJL

to PJL

Re: [Guide] IMG 1.9.8 (Legacy STB's)

said by PJL:

Do you have 1.9.8? In it the "current" program has a wide highlight around it which makes it much easier to pick out the "highlighted" channel. It's hard to miss.

I dont miss the highlighted channel - i forget to look at the channel above the highlighted channel.
I just look at the highlighted channel then down.

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

Maybe changing the setting in the guide from Fixed Focus to Flexible Focus might help you, not really sure.
kennye
join:2009-02-05
Carrollton, TX

kennye to sbernstein5

to sbernstein5
said by sbernstein5:

Also wondering if they finally fixed the bug that causes the program that you're currently watching (if you're watching it from the DVR) to freeze momentarily when a new recording starts or ends in the background? It's been around for the last 2 IMG versions for me.

Freezing still occurs

dcowboy
join:2012-05-10
Pequannock, NJ

dcowboy to matcarl

to matcarl
said by matcarl:

Maybe changing the setting in the guide from Fixed Focus to Flexible Focus might help you, not really sure.

Nope doesnt help.
Just seems wierd that the highlighted channel isnt at the top of the list.
chewypgh
join:2007-12-17
Pittsburgh, PA

chewypgh to nascar

to nascar
said by nascar:

there should be deployments this week

said by jr461:

Has this been deployed to any areas this week?

I got a message on my STB about the IMG update. I'm assuming this means VHO11 is getting the update this week.

ChadH
@verizon.net

ChadH

Anon

I'm in the VHO11 area (Pittsburgh area) and just received the update a few minutes ago.
chewypgh
join:2007-12-17
Pittsburgh, PA

chewypgh

said by ChadH :

I'm in the VHO11 area (Pittsburgh area) and just received the update a few minutes ago.

I didn't have a chance to play around with it this morning, but I did take a minute to confirm that I got the update.

JayMan 007
join:2005-07-18
Richmond, VA

JayMan 007 to nascar

to nascar
said by nascar:

there should be deployments this week

Any schedule for roll-out?
sbernstein5
join:2005-01-18
10024-5650

sbernstein5 to kennye

to kennye
said by kennye:

said by sbernstein5:

Also wondering if they finally fixed the bug that causes the program that you're currently watching (if you're watching it from the DVR) to freeze momentarily when a new recording starts or ends in the background? It's been around for the last 2 IMG versions for me.

Freezing still occurs

I find it kind of funny that they keep improving the display of the guide in nice, but mostly inessential ways, when they can't get basic DVR functionality to work correctly.

matcarl
Premium Member
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

Maybe they figure if it looks good, no one will care if it works right.

Lt Belspur
join:2003-11-15
Sarasota, FL

Lt Belspur to nascar

to nascar
On 1.9.8 here in Florida.

Received no notification that it was coming.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt to sbernstein5

Premium Member

to sbernstein5
Try having Quantum - they can't even get titles to be removed from your recordings list after you delete them.
O1OOO1O
join:2005-12-23
Lewisville, TX

O1OOO1O to sbernstein5

to sbernstein5
said by sbernstein5:

said by kennye:

said by sbernstein5:

Freezing still occurs

I find it kind of funny that they keep improving the display of the guide in nice, but mostly inessential ways, when they can't get basic DVR functionality to work correctly.

I don't see this as an issue. Sure, I get the momentary video pause when a recording stops / starts - have for a long time. It just appears to me to be the way it behaves. I also wonder if it is just an eSATA quirk.

nycdave
MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY

nycdave

MVM

It's not an eSATA quirk. This also happens with the internal hard drive. Unfortunately it's something that everyone will need to live with, since there are no plans to change the behavior.

nascar
join:2000-02-28
Verona, NJ

nascar to sbernstein5

to sbernstein5
I know the controls freeze but are you saying the video freezes too?
said by sbernstein5:

kmwoolls
join:2013-10-04
Spotsylvania, VA

kmwoolls to nascar

to nascar
When will this update hit the VHO4 Area?

matcarl
Premium Member
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl to nascar

Premium Member

to nascar
Yes Nascar, the video freezes for about five seconds when you are watching a live channel and a recording starts or stops, but I think I just notice it if it's the same channel I'm watching live as the recording.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

LIVE WITH IT!

Didn't you hear the man?

matcarl
Premium Member
Franklin Square, NY

2 recommendations

matcarl

Premium Member

I was answering Nascar since he asked, I know it's not going to be fixed Jeep. Thought you weren't going to post in this thread anymore, lol.
kennye
join:2009-02-05
Carrollton, TX

kennye to matcarl

to matcarl
said by matcarl:

The video freezes for about five seconds when you are watching a live channel and a recording starts or stops, but I think I just notice it if it's the same channel I'm watching live as the recording.

I see it impact any recording you are watching on the DVR (can't tell you if it impacts live TV). If you go back and watch it again after the recording(s) start/stop, the presentation works fine. Whenever it occurs, I look at the clock and it is always the top or bottom of the hour. I think it started with the last IMG update and still occurs with 1.9.8.

matcarl
Premium Member
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

I think that's a different problem than the one Kennye & Sbernstein5 were referring to.
jr461
join:2006-12-21
Montvale, NJ

jr461 to sbernstein5

to sbernstein5
Anyone check if it still jumps out of a recording if you FF to about 1:30 or less left?

nascar
Verona, NJ

nascar to matcarl

to matcarl
I'm not seeing this at all. Strange. So I will keep an eye on it. I have two DVR's and two eSATA. Trust me if I see something odd I address it. So this is interesting that I don't see this at all.
said by matcarl:

Yes Nascar, the video freezes for about five seconds when you are watching a live channel and a recording starts or stops, but I think I just notice it if it's the same channel I'm watching live as the recording.

nascar

nascar

OK while watching live and then it records that channel. OK got it.
kingofk1ngs
join:2014-03-31

kingofk1ngs to nascar

to nascar
any chance we get chapter viewing on non-DVR boxes at any point?
sbernstein5
10024-5650

sbernstein5 to nascar

to nascar
said by nascar:

Nope. Happens to me no matter what channel I'm recording from. Watching anything on the DVR, something starts to record, no matter what I'm watching pauses. Also happens when something ends recording too. On busy DVR nights (like Sunday with all of the HBO & Showtime series) seems to be happening constantly -- especially when you get the double whammy of 2 shows ending and 2 more starting right near each-other.

nascar
Verona, NJ

nascar

I am not seeing this behavior at all. If I did, I would have noticed.
said by sbernstein5:

said by nascar:

Nope. Happens to me no matter what channel I'm recording from. Watching anything on the DVR, something starts to record, no matter what I'm watching pauses. Also happens when something ends recording too. On busy DVR nights (like Sunday with all of the HBO & Showtime series) seems to be happening constantly -- especially when you get the double whammy of 2 shows ending and 2 more starting right near each-other.

Shady Bimmer
Premium Member
join:2001-12-03

Shady Bimmer

Premium Member

said by nascar:

I see the same behavior, and others have mentioned they see this in this forum in the past. Each time the DVR begins or ends a scheduled recording the video freezes momentarily.

It is odd, particularly considering that the DVR is actually always recording both tuners. it is annoying and frustrating but I've lived to learn with it as a "quirk"
sbernstein5
10024-5650

sbernstein5 to nascar

to nascar
said by nascar:

What DVR? I have a 7332-P2 plus external eSATA drive

nascar
Verona, NJ

nascar

Same DVR as you for both. Both of my eSATA are the WD approved 1TB. And with all the NCAA Basketball I am recording. I only see the controls freeze as always. But Never my video. Really weird.
said by sbernstein5:

said by nascar:

What DVR? I have a 7332-P2 plus external eSATA drive