All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Redfox
join:2007-12-04
Kitchener, ON

Redfox

[DSL] Two disconnects in one day and ...

My DSL connection was disconnected twice in one day: Mar 9 11:43am and Mar 10 2:03am. Connection was resumed in couple minutes so that didn't really annoy me as long as it's resumed by itself. But its sequence makes me confused. After the connection was resumed a new IP address was assigned because I use dynamic one, then my SIP account (voip.ms) failed to register, even I power cycle the ATA. I have to change the SIP port to another value to make it registered again!

Could anybody please let me know what's the problem? Any settings cause such behavior? My router is Asus N66U with Asuswrt-Merlin firmware, the ATA is a Linksys PAP2T.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
join:2008-11-16
London, ON

rocca

Premium Member

The 2:03am one would have been related to the migration to the new 10G interfaces, the purpose being to reduce the need to 'balance' the smaller 1G links as well as keeping ahead of capacity needs for the future. There is no reason the ATA would not been able to register though, maybe a reset of the router was needed for the binding to change? If you want you should be able to change it back to whatever you had before. Thanks.

jmck
formerly 'shaded'
join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON

jmck to Redfox

to Redfox
yeah I think mine disconnected at around 11:40am too yesterday and looking at my router, ~2am this morning too.
rockfire
join:2011-01-28

rockfire to Redfox

to Redfox
My adsl connection had the same downtime as yours in Orleans. As stated the 2am is accounted for.
said by Redfox:

After the connection was resumed a new IP address was assigned because I use dynamic one, then my SIP account (voip.ms) failed to register, even I power cycle the ATA

You can try to lower the registration interval from 3600 to 300 in the Linksys ATA to help (if not already done (quicker expiry and refresh with ip changes) Seems to be due to states known on the router.

Redfox
Kitchener, ON

Redfox

I will try that after work. Thanks!
rockfire
join:2011-01-28

rockfire

When you make the change, you can hover over your connection in voip.ms portal and see next registration. It should count to 5 minutes (300 seconds).

Redfox
Kitchener, ON

Redfox

I checked ATA settings, both lines (another one is with sipsorcery) have "Register Expires: 300". And at voip.ms side registrations have interval of 5 minutes.
sauga_1
join:2014-02-05
Mississauga, ON

sauga_1 to jmck

to jmck
I had the same issue on sunday March 8th around 9:50 am. it lasted for almost two hours and my connection was back online around 12 pm. i opened the ticket and tech told me all is good and he dont see any problem. very strange....