Search similar:

uniqs
Techguy775
join:2015-03-09
Brooklyn, NY

Techguy775

[iO] 200's channel slots

My wish list!!!
Time to utilize the 200 channel slots by adding these channels.
Qubo,Ion life,Bet Hip Hop,Bounce TV,Discovery life,Lrw,Metv,Rltv,Mgm Hd,Epix,epix 2,Axs tv,pop TV,decades,justice network,Grit,escape,revolt,Pivot,Wgn America,sports net la,Sec network,CNBC world,Laff,Buzzr tv,& Paula Deen network for the Mrs.

Thinkdiff
MVM,
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY

3 recommendations

Thinkdiff

MVM,

You are allowed to use spaces after commas.

Also, you don't need to make a thread for every thought that enters your mind. A single thread "Cablevision Channels" could've covered at least 4 of your threads.
Techguy775
Brooklyn, NY

Techguy775

My apologies if I am offending anyone.

EliteData
EliteData
Premium Member
join:2003-07-06
Philippines

EliteData to Techguy775

Premium Member

to Techguy775
the channel numbering is "virtual" and not static.
cablevision chooses what channel numbers programs will get.
RemyM
join:2005-02-14
Pinehurst, NC

RemyM to Techguy775

to Techguy775
Laff TV will be added on 4/15 to channel 108
RemyM

RemyM to Techguy775

to Techguy775
Paula Deen network is available on the internet. It is not a linear cable channel.
»www.pauladeen.com/

limegrass69
No Whammies
join:2008-05-28

1 recommendation

limegrass69 to Techguy775

to Techguy775
Great. More niche channels nobody watches? I'll pass.
Techguy775
Brooklyn, NY

Techguy775 to RemyM

to RemyM
Thank you Remy M

andrewc2
join:2011-06-05
Matamoras, PA

andrewc2 to limegrass69

to limegrass69
said by limegrass69:

Great. More niche channels nobody watches? I'll pass.

Agreed I would never watch a single one of those channels. Once we finally got DIY Network, my I wish we had x channel list was finished.

Ilsno
@t-mobile.com

Ilsno to RemyM

Anon

to RemyM
Is live well network on channel 108 going away remy ?
RemyM
join:2005-02-14
Pinehurst, NC

RemyM

»Laff TV and LiveWell

Jmartz0
join:2000-07-20
Tenafly, NJ

Jmartz0 to Techguy775

to Techguy775
Prices seem to be increasing while the new channel offerings have been stalling. Sorry to maybe take this a little off topic but seeing some of the other comments about "channels I'll never watch" I wanted to add the following:

You can get Epix for $5/month extra on the new SlingTV service. Cablevision needs to get off its high horse and start bringing fresh stuff to their service. Epix is obviously willing to let them bundle it as a separate package, there is really no reason why CV doesn't have it and let the customers who want it pay for it. Same thing with HDNet. What about the missing HD Premium movie channels? Encore is the only one that isn't mostly in HD but the others exist and we do not have them for some reason.

BTW SlingTV signed up over 100,000 customers in the first month that it offered service. Their service bundles channels based on what they are... you get a base package then add on other "packages" so if you want Epix its $20 + $5. If you want extra ESPN channels you pay $5 on top of the $20 but you don't have to take the $5 kids channel package or the $5 news package... it's a very interesting experiment, if it works and the broadcasters don't sue them out of business it could obliterate Cablevision and most other traditional services. I will be watching their channel lineup very carefully because as soon as they have something for reasonable price that lets me eliminate all the BS I don't watch I'll def jump on it and the best part is it's mobile.

I am trying the 7 day free trial. Picture quality is pretty good considering it's coming through IP. The interface is a little weird and slow but anyone who has a CV box is used to that.

mbernste
MVM
join:2001-06-30
Piscataway, NJ

mbernste to limegrass69

MVM

to limegrass69
said by limegrass69:

More niche channels nobody watches?

WGN America is pretty decent. I used to watch it when I had Comcast.

Ilsno
@optonline.net

Ilsno

Anon

The fact that all the premiums arent in HD is a disgrace considering the customers who have them are probably paying at least $125 a month, possibly even over 200 dollars. Ive heard Dolan make several comments recently disparaging the video product. I think cablevision is investing heavily in broadband at the expense of the Tv side. Thats why so few HD channels have been added in the last 2 years.
frdrizzt
join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt

It may be that they don't want to further raise rates with the high cost of programming & the frequent content cost increases, or could have to do with when the deal wit Starz/Encore expires.It seems like the content provider would have as much incentive to provide full HD streams though to improve subscriber rates, so I don't know how much cost there is.

FallenAnjel
join:2011-04-07
East Cupcake

FallenAnjel to Techguy775

to Techguy775
Do you know how many of those we get on the North Shore of Long Island using an antenna?

Qubo, Ion Life, Bounce TV, Metv, LiveWell. Those are the ones I know by name. She may get others but IDK the names of them. My sister doesn't have cable and uses antenna and gets all the major networks plus (2, 4, 5, 7, 9, 11, TV55,) plus 20 or so more. Totally free.

EliteData
EliteData
Premium Member
join:2003-07-06
Philippines

EliteData

Premium Member

said by FallenAnjel:

Do you know how many of those we get on the North Shore of Long Island using an antenna?

Qubo, Ion Life, Bounce TV, Metv, LiveWell. Those are the ones I know by name. She may get others but IDK the names of them. My sister doesn't have cable and uses antenna and gets all the major networks plus (2, 4, 5, 7, 9, 11, TV55,) plus 20 or so more. Totally free.

congratulations to you for receiving NY and CT OTA signals.
im in the hamptons, i get nothing unless i got a huge directional antenna array 40 feet above my roof.
Techguy775
Brooklyn, NY

Techguy775

There's more than enough room to add new channels.