All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Chrissy27858
@suddenlink.net

Chrissy27858

Anon

what are the benefits of business service, besides no usage cap?

what are the benefits of business service, besides no usage cap?

I assume I also get to set up my own email addresses and a static IP address?

Anything else?
Finger2208
join:2001-04-07
Lindale, TX

Finger2208

Besides the benefits you described none that I can think of.

shelby10763
join:2005-03-12
Greenville, NC

shelby10763

Do they offer faster response times, like other providers?
Finger2208
join:2001-04-07
Lindale, TX

Finger2208

If you mean in the event of an outage or an issue they claim they will respond faster to commercial accounts versus residential. I have not found that to be the case in my experience with them.

TexasTacoBee
@suddenlink.net

TexasTacoBee

Anon

That's what I was told when I switched to business internet.(50/8 for $75 month)

Several years ago, I lived up north and had business internet from Cox Communications. (strangely, also $75, but at 5mbps/1mbps) Their business internet plan comes with priority service. If the internet goes down and a tech visit is required, they send a tech out within 1 hour. In reality, everybody on my residential street benefited from me having a business account. During a storm, a tree knocked down a cable. I called Cox and a tech showed up in a van within 20 minutes. He said it was really bad in the county. If I didn't have a business account, he said they wouldn't be able to show up until the next day, due to the sheer number of outages. However, I got my internet up and running within an hour after the cable was knocked out. My whole neighborhood went back online as well. (duh!)

davidg
Good Bye My Friend
MVM
join:2002-06-15

davidg to Chrissy27858

MVM

to Chrissy27858
also you get the ability to host servers and no port blocks. and while it may not matter to you, unless it changed since ours the TOS does not limit the internet connection to 1 physical location so it can be resold or shared.