Search similar:

uniqs

cableties
Premium Member
join:2005-01-27

cableties

Premium Member

[Flooring] Nailer recommendations?

I will installing a new floor (unfinished). I regret that I sold off my Porter Cable flooring nailer but I thought I was done. Then I picked up a HF nailer ($99) and did a bamboo floor but found it would occasionally nick the finished edge (not the foot but the nailer did this). And then I gave that nailer away.

So I am down to three choices:
-DeWalt Flooring nailer (~$250)
-Primatech Pro (~$449-$550)
- other ?

BTW-I don't want a Bostitch even though I will likely use their L nails.

Thanks for any support, suggestions, funny anecdotes !

redrhinoman
@comcast.net

redrhinoman

Anon

I've been looking into the Primatech line of flooring nailers (16 gauge for me). I'm getting ready to purchase Hickory 3/4" hardwood flooring and the flooring manufacturer states 16 gauge nails. Research (for me) shows the 16 gauge L cleat nail to be the fastener of choice for this flooring.
Try researching Primatech flooring nailers. Philly flooring store website will show you a few options for flooring nailers. Hope this helps you. Good luck with your floor.

Msradell
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
Louisville, KY

Msradell to cableties

Premium Member

to cableties
Since you are just getting it to do one floor have you looked into renting one? If you are definitely set on buying one the Primatech Pro is certainly top-of-the-line but the Dewalt is pretty good to for a considerably lower price.
dbamber
join:2003-02-07
Bandon, OR

dbamber to cableties

to cableties
I don't know why you wouldn't consider a Bostich. I have owned one for almost 20 years. I have put down over 5k sf of both raw, and finished 4/4 flooring without any issues other than an occasional bent staple when it hit a subfloor nail. I have also done quite a few sf of bamboo flooring approximately 5/8 ths inches thick by putting a cardboard shim under the floor plate. Other than an occasional squirt of oil I have done nothing else for maintenance. Prior to that I had Powernail nailers, but those took a lot more physical effort to drive a nail. I used those for longer than than I wished. However my Grandfather designed the collated nails they used when he managed a rolling mill in Chicago, and his Son inLaw was the local sales rep, and then his son when he retired. So I guess that there is something to be said for nepotism.
jsouth
Jsouth
join:2000-12-12
Wichita, KS

jsouth to cableties

to cableties
I work at Home Depot in the tool rental area. We have a powernail model 50p. It was mad for woods like bamboo.

cableties
Premium Member
join:2005-01-27

cableties

Premium Member

Ok, I found a DeWalt dwfp12569 for $223.
Critsmcgee
join:2011-12-02

Critsmcgee

said by cableties:

Ok, I found a DeWalt dwfp12569 for $223.

You have to love Amazon.