uniqs
fishacura
join:2008-01-25
Phoenixville, PA

fishacura to Myzteziz

to Myzteziz

Re: So.....to Quantum or not?

said by Myzteziz:

Are you talking about new sign ups or upgrades? I'm guessing upgrades.

I'm just talking about the way the packages are listed on the VZ site. Sneaky wording/language imo. Reminds me of the lawyer talking a mile a minute during the 2nd half of car lease commercials lol!

dennismurphy
Put me on hold? I'll put YOU on hold
Premium Member
join:2002-11-19
Parsippany, NJ

dennismurphy

Premium Member

said by dennismurphy:

My issue with Quantum is that I'd have to give up both of my 'free for life' discounts - MRDVR and SD STB. That's quite a chunk of change I'd be leaving on the table.

So, until I see the 'gotta have it' feature on Quantum, I'll stay with the legacy boxes.

Hate to reply to myself, but what the hell ...

Just got off the phone with customer service. Ended up upgrading to Quantum Premium. Net increase is about $6/month.

Total bill after taxes, fees, etc will be $207/mo. Can't complain much about that ... that's for 75/75 Internet, Digital Voice, Extreme HD + Showtime + HBO and a 7-TV package for Quantum Premium.

Ended up leaving the MRDVR Free for Life on the table, but the new bill credits offset that and then some.

Branch
:D
Premium Member
join:2014-07-22
VHO 4

Branch

Premium Member

You shouldn't be paying for HBO. They have a promo for 12-24 months free.

dennismurphy
Premium Member
Parsippany, NJ

dennismurphy

Premium Member

said by Branch:

You shouldn't be paying for HBO. They have a promo for 12-24 months free.

I'm not - and it's not a promo - it's part of my package (as is Showtime.)

Welcome to VHO7.

Branch
Premium Member
VHO 4

Branch

Premium Member

Haha lucky! I'm in VHO4. VZs only competition here besides satellites is Comcast. And I hate Comcast. But free hbo for a year I got when I called in.

dennismurphy
Premium Member
Parsippany, NJ

dennismurphy to cbeck

Premium Member

to cbeck
Click for full size
Finally got around to swapping out the STBs to Quantum tonight.

My only (only!) complaint thus far is that the system wouldn't let me re-use the STB names I had on the legacy boxes (i.e. Bedroom 1). Problem is, once I activated the first VMS, the website didn't show the legacy boxes anymore; I had to choose unique names for all 7 boxes (2 VMS, 5 client).

So far, so good. Everything worked a treat - had some 'Tx Signal Low' messages when setting up the clients but I know why; I have a second splitter at the moment. Once I home-run those locations, it'll be fine.

I don't see any issues and have plenty of MoCA bandwidth to spare.
crgauth
join:2004-05-18
Glen Burnie, MD

crgauth

Once the old boxes get returned and moved off your account, you can use the old names.
nickyboy4
join:2008-07-24
Farmingdale, NY

nickyboy4 to cbeck

to cbeck
I have 2 DVRS, 3 HD boxes and 2 of the digital converters.
Anyone know if I upgrade can I still keep my 2 digital converters that are free for life? Price would be a wash for the 5 main TV's.

dennismurphy
Premium Member
Parsippany, NJ

dennismurphy to crgauth

Premium Member

to crgauth
said by crgauth:

Once the old boxes get returned and moved off your account, you can use the old names.

Yep, was able to recycle them online. Still a pain setting the boxes up "the old way" ... I should've just picked dummy names and renamed them all online.

So far, I'm REALLY happy with the Quantum setup. No significant issues to speak of.
webcobbler
join:2013-03-09
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler to nickyboy4

to nickyboy4
said by nickyboy4:

I have 2 DVRS, 3 HD boxes and 2 of the digital converters.
Anyone know if I upgrade can I still keep my 2 digital converters that are free for life? Price would be a wash for the 5 main TV's.

Yes you can keep the 2 Digital Adapters. They will work with the new setup. Do not let them tell you differently, since they do not use a Guide or anything like that. I have 3 myself that are Free for Life.

The only problem might be Billing. It took me several months for them to correct the issue with them.

As they say, YMMV. But the Digital Adapters will definitely work with the Quantum setup.
nickyboy4
join:2008-07-24
Farmingdale, NY

nickyboy4

Thanks, I will wait a little longer as they want a $49. "upgrade fee". That kills it for me.

Branch
Premium Member
VHO 4

Branch

Premium Member

Retention will waive it for you.
Gerryex
join:2006-05-19
Land O Lakes, FL

Gerryex to cbeck

to cbeck
I know its been posted before and I did try to search for it but could someone please post the costs for a Quantum TV set up for one main DVR box only and for one main DVR box plus two HD boxes. My sister (the 3 box set up) and I are thinking of moving to it but I want to know how much it will cost.

Thanks,
Gerry

Branch
Premium Member
VHO 4

Branch

Premium Member

You can check online at MyVerizon.
Myzteziz
join:2014-06-26
Port Richey, FL

Myzteziz to Gerryex

to Gerryex
said by Gerryex:

I know its been posted before and I did try to search for it but could someone please post the costs for a Quantum TV set up for one main DVR box only and for one main DVR box plus two HD boxes. My sister (the 3 box set up) and I are thinking of moving to it but I want to know how much it will cost.

Thanks,
Gerry

As Branch said check on verizon's website. You dont have to place an order to find out costs. That is your best bet. You can not only figure out equipment costs, but costs with the channel package that you want, internet, etc... There also might be some promos going on right now.
crgauth
Glen Burnie, MD

crgauth to webcobbler

to webcobbler
I lost my free for life.
Didn't realize it (guess I should check my bill more often).
Anyone lose it and get it back?

Stankyest
@verizon.net

Stankyest

Anon

said by crgauth:

I lost my free for life.

That's the only reason I haven't upgraded to Quantum... I'd lose my DVR free for life discount, and would end up paying 150% more for equipment than I'm currently paying. I'm patiently waiting for Vz to come to their senses.
Stankyest

Stankyest to crgauth

Anon

to crgauth
said by crgauth:

I lost my free for life.

That's the only reason I haven't upgraded to Quantum... I'd lose my DVR free for life discount, and would end up paying 150% more for equipment than I'm currently paying. I'm patiently waiting for Vz to come to their senses.

dennismurphy
Premium Member
Parsippany, NJ

dennismurphy to Stankyest

Premium Member

to Stankyest
said by Stankyest :

said by crgauth:

I lost my free for life.

The customer service agent I worked with applied some extra discounts to offset the loss of the free for life DVR. I came out slightly ahead on price but with 12 DVR tuners instead of 6 I had previously across 3 DVRs.

No complaints here - I like it.
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

ansky to Gerryex

to Gerryex
said by Gerryex:

Thanks,
Gerry

I have the VMS plus 2 HD boxes. I'm paying $26.95/month. You would also have to pay the additional $22/month Quantum fee, but I have the promotion that waives that fee for 2 years.
crgauth
Glen Burnie, MD

crgauth to Stankyest

to Stankyest
I didn't lose free DVR (don't live in NYC) lost my free digital adapter.