Premium Member
join:2001-07-24
Lincoln, NE

1 recommendation

The Beer

Premium Member

[RANT] Dear Mr. Mediacom

Click for full size
Am I the only Mediacom/DirecTV/Dish/Whatever customer who has what I am calling "Offer Fatigue"? I don't understand how these companies can so completely misunderstand the wants/needs of their customers and constantly market them garbage they won't buy.

You need a flow chart to understand these things anymore and I do await my monthly letter from Mediacom with my "offer" but it always sucks and is never even close to what I want/need. I have to get out the magnifying glass to read the small print to figure this out.

I was a MC customer for 3 years (the time I have lived here) and I finally just gave up and canceled everything. It's not that I don't want service it's that I don't need 150mb of speed... I do need 500GB of transfer. It's just silly. You kept upgrading the speed and taking gas out of the tank.

I have no need for Telephone or HBO... yet this all needs to be bundled into some silly package. I get these absolutely stupid letters asking me to come back while completely ignoring the reason I left... offering more junk I don't need while completely limiting what I want. These letters must cost a fortune and I bet 90% of people look at them and sigh.

So Dear Mr. Mediacom. Please offer a package that makes sense. 30mb of internet that works with a 500-999gb cap and TV for $99/mo locked over 2 years.

Today you get $0.00/mo of my money instead of the $79/mo you got from me for 3 years. Why not make a deal we can both be happy with? If I am "Saving" $1,000 to take your offer in year #1 it means I am spending $1,000 more in year 2 on crap I don't want. It's simple.

Average out all these stupid promo costs and make the 2yr contract price fair and reasonable. Send me a letter that says "2 Years get XYZ for XYZ" without games, without a landline phone nobody needs in 2015 and without some crazy escalation price in year #2. Enough bandwidth where I don't have to snap at the kids for watching Youtube and enough TV I can't do better with my antenna and buying shows on Amazon.

Thanks for reading my rant... is anyone else feeling this pain? The Bundle was cool now it's just confusing the customer to the point they end up leaving.
Donat76
join:2003-01-26
Oelwein, IA

Donat76

I'm not with Mediacom anymore for this very reason. They just don't have any competitive offers. My neighbors (6) have the same ISP as I do. I can tell because of the names of the wifi SSIDs. My friend across town has Mediacom but most of his neighbors have the other ISP.

I am paying $25 for house phone and 14 Mbps Internet with an unenforced 250 GB cap. My speed is always maxes out even during prime time and my ping is within 10 ms of baseline literally all the time. I was paying the full price of $55 but called in and got a better deal. Mediacom wouldn't give me any promotions after my original one ran out. So instead of getting some money from me, they don't get anything.

The friend that has Mediacom is on the intro 3 Mbps plan which is actually 5 Mbps after the few seconds of speed boost with a 150GB cap + $10 for every 50 GB. They also have basic cable and pay a total of almost 80 dollars. The only thing that is keeping them from changing to the other ISP is they can't get the local channels very well. Once they get a decent outside antennae setup in the next month or so, they will be switching.

I only responded to this post because I have gotten the exact same "deals". I haven't gotten a good deal for such a long time, that I have gotten to the point that most go directly into the garbage.

They seem out of touch?

Lazy Senior
join:2012-01-10
Cobden, IL

Lazy Senior to The Beer

to The Beer
I have to agree. These Bundle deals are lame at best. I have been a MC Internet customer for 3 plus years. I have made several efforts to get a bundle deal and try their TV service bundled with Internet. I want to save $$$ over my Directv/MC internet costs. Alas, it is impossible to get a tv/internet bundle that will save $$$ if you are already an Internet customer.

Also Mediacom TV prices are beyond confusing. It is IMPOSSIBLE to figure out their "all costs included" TV prices without calling them on the phone. Is it any surprise Mediacom continues to lose TV customers??

RyanThaDude
Indiana's No. 1 Zero
join:2004-01-24
Walkerton, IN

RyanThaDude to The Beer

to The Beer
They just need to get rid of these silly money grab data caps.
k9iua6
join:2004-05-23
Dubuque, IA

k9iua6

I also don't want to see contracts required, whether for 12 months or 2 years, to get decent prices.

Lazy Senior
join:2012-01-10
Cobden, IL

Lazy Senior

said by k9iua6:

I also don't want to see contracts required

According to the OP's Mediacom offer picture there is no contract, no risk, no commitments with his MC offer. PLUS a 90 day refund if you are not satisfied.

I applaud Mediacom for this. This is what EVERY customer wants -- a month to month, quit anytime (no penalty), service. This also puts pressure on Mediacom to give the best possible service or they lose a customer...
Magnum3667
join:2013-09-02
Navarre, FL

Magnum3667 to RyanThaDude

to RyanThaDude
+1 to this...the sooner the better