Search similar:

uniqs
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude
join:2003-08-04

1 edit

19579823 (banned)

Quite annoying!

I have been trying to get a better copy of the movie THE BENIKER GANG (1985) and 2 times now I have gotton a 1992 piece of garbage by Warner Home video!! (2nd distributer)

This movie is a KARL-LORIMAR movie,not Warner brothers!!!

The video is QUITE DARK and the soundtrack is not the same!!! (When Edmond jumps in the dumpster you dont hear him landing on the garbage inside for one .. (No noise) ITS STUPID)

I destroyed this unpure piece of trash;threw it away as it is not the original movie!!!!!! (I was gonna bring it to salvation army but decided not to (Felt bad if someone else was hopefull for this same movie they saw in the 80s and got this instead))

I would like the original LORIMAR release --- I have the movie 'THE MORNING AFTER' (1986) on its original LORIMAR TAPE and its excellent!!!!!!! (That movie is in Mono as well)

Speaking of MONO... What is the newest movie anyone has ever seen in MONO?? (Im curious)

Sly
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Tennessee

1 edit

Sly

Premium Member

You're welcome.

Then there's this one: »www.ebay.com/itm/The-Ben ··· 08686445
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude

19579823 (banned)

Gracious!

I have seen both of those and on 1 of them is says "Release Date 09/29/1993" so that one is the newer WARNER HOME VIDEO release..... (The other has no date but after 2 failed attempts,I dont wanna just blindly get another one)

Thank you buddy!!

Sly
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Tennessee

Sly

Premium Member

The one that says 1993 is an autofill by eBay. The seller entered the item and eBay added that infomation. It's probably not correct...

The picture shows the older NON WARNER one. If you want the first one, contact the seller to verify that it is the older version and not the newer CRAPPY Warner version that wasn't made in the 80's.
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude

19579823 (banned)

He ya thats a good point,perhaps I could..

Sly I really appreaciate your careing!

EliteData
EliteData
Premium Member
join:2003-07-06
Philippines

EliteData

Premium Member

ask the seller to take a picture of the actual VHS cassette for sale.
could have the newer one in the older box.
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude

19579823 (banned)

Ya They should!!!!!!!!!

I really dont know why Warner Bros started re-releasing Lorimar films..... Are they related?? (Company wise)

printscreen
join:2003-11-01
Juana Diaz, PR

printscreen to 19579823

to 19579823
said by 19579823:

Speaking of MONO... What is the newest movie anyone has ever seen in MONO?? (Im curious)

Hard to tell. I am 46 and although they were not the first movies I saw, the ones I remember most vividly in a movie theater back when I was litte were the first Star Wars and Jaws movies. The theaters already had some form of surround sound so I probably don't remember any movie in mono on a movie theater. Then at home, only for as long as there was no TV with stereo sound and that was probably in the late 80s.
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude

2 edits

19579823 (banned)

said by EliteData :
ask the seller to take a picture of the actual VHS cassette for sale.
could have the newer one in the older box.
Yes they should but dont!!

I just tried for another copy.... SAME 1992 CRAP and this time I asked my friend to ask the seller if its the original!! (AND THEY SAID YES IT IS) I dont have paypal,etc so I have a friend who orders stuff for me...

I SWEAR,MOST PPL DONT GIVE A FUCK,DONT HAVE A CLUE OR WILL SAY WHATEVER THEY CAN TO MAKE A SALE!!!!!

This 1992 one is garbage.... DARKER and some of the stuff on the original soundtrack is gone..... ITS UNPURE GARBAGE.... Im ripping the tape up now...... I WILL NOT DISRESEPCT THIS MOVIE BY LETTING SOMEONE ELSE GET THIS CRAP AND THINK THIS IS THE REAL MOVIE......... IT ISNT,ITS GARBAGE!! (Like everything was becoming in the 90s)

EDIT:

I just discovered LORIMAR HOME VIDEO was taken over by WARNER BROTHERS in 1989 which is why that 1992 release is by them........ (Its trash (Probably digitally transferred,etc))

'LORIMAR HOME VIDEO' DID RELEASE THIS IN 1986 IN THE SAME BOX!! (Warner assholes are using the same box Lorimar did) so the original IS OUT THERE!! (Gotta keep looking I guess)

saillaw
Premium Member
join:2007-05-08
Dismay

saillaw

Premium Member

Keep up the fight Dude111!!

I know this might be sacrilege to you, but have you tried searching for a torrent of the original?
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude

19579823 (banned)

Im sure its out there but I really want the original analogue version buddy (The same pure one I watched on HBO in the 80s)

19579823 (banned)

Well apparently LORIMAR made the changes to this movie (And I thought it was Warner bros (Well being a 1992 release I had GOOD reason to think this))

I finally got an original 1986 release but the damage to the movie was already done..... It was DARKER (I dont know if it was DIGITALLY RE-RECOREDED or what but its not the same video (For 1986 it could have been )),you couldnt hear the sound of edmund jumping in the trash bin and landing on the garbage..... (They took it out,its just silence when he jumps in.. QUITE STUPID!!! -- I dunno what other changes thier are as I didnt even watch it past that point... DISGUSTED!!)

I do have this movie thankfully recorded from analog cable (HBO) in the 80s with the original soundtrack but I was trying to get a BETTER copy (I guess I cant) as mine has lines @ the beggining of it.... (By 13 Mins they seem to dissapear) -- THE COPY FROM HBO IS GEORGEOUS...........

Ya know dues??

Im not upset by this.... With how destructive the 80s were to audio and video,I AM VERY GRATEFULLY LUCKY TO HAVE WHAT I HAVE FOUND in its original analogue formats!! (Especially of older movies that were ruined in the 80s)