join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

1 edit

Gone to elgoog

Premium Member

to elgoog

Re: Thoughts & Questions: Community Mailboxes

said by elgoog:

The maximum size of a CMB is 6 boxes, so are these are all photoshoped.

Entirely false. Aside from the fact that CP's own guidelines include specifications for eight or more, these photos are temporary installs prior to a subdivision being finished. This one is in Niagara Falls:

»goo.gl/maps/i9W4D

Edit - and here's a permanent install with nine in Fort Erie: »goo.gl/maps/fSQVQ
btech805
join:2013-08-01
Canada

btech805 to ShetiPhian

to ShetiPhian
I don't understand the kerfuffle over door to door delivery. Ive always had community boxes since the day i emerged from my mother's whom. Our first house wasn't serviceable at all and we had a P.O. box at the post office. Every couple of days on the way home, my mom or dad would stop there and get the mail. Our 2nd house (and still where they live now in their 60s) had a community box which served approximately 50 homes. Again, stop on the way home, very simple.

My two places i have had have both been served by community boxes and while i rarely receive mail i stop once a week at the box on the way home.

I have found every box is usually situated at the entrance to most developments or on main roads within developments meaning it is nearly impossible to not pass it on your way home from work each day.

dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0 to ShetiPhian

Premium Member

to ShetiPhian
said by ShetiPhian:

This is the image used for my areas mailer. It is also the first result on google lol.

yea, and how is the trash the fault of anyone but who put it there??...either the residents are slobs and throw their shit everywhere (which would be odd for someone who just invested many hundreds of thousands of dollars in a new home in a nice area), or the postal worker simply drops the shit everywhere so they can then use that as their next photo op.
dirtyjeffer0

dirtyjeffer0 to Gone

Premium Member

to Gone
said by Gone:

said by elgoog:

The maximum size of a CMB is 6 boxes, so are these are all photoshoped.

Entirely false. Aside from the fact that CP's own guidelines include specifications for eight or more, these photos are temporary installs prior to a subdivision being finished. This one is in Niagara Falls:

»goo.gl/maps/i9W4D

Edit - and here's a permanent install with nine in Fort Erie: »goo.gl/maps/fSQVQ

i just thought i'd point out how nice and clean those areas look...a far cry from the conveniently messy ones on the flyer handouts.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

I don't think many of the houses had closed by the time that Streetview shot was taken. As for the ones here in Thunder Bay, the garbage probably just blew away

Ian1
Premium Member
join:2002-06-18
ON

Ian1 to dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

to dirtyjeffer0
said by dirtyjeffer0:

first of all, we already have CMBs, and never had home delivery, so we aren't losing anything...second of all, even if we did have home delivery, Harper isn't taking it away, Canada Post is making the changes...

To be fair, the Government in power will always take the blame for things crown corporations do. They DO have the power to mandate other changes, if they didn't care for Canada Post's plans.

They could completely privatize mail delivery (and they should), for one thing.

Politically, it's a pickle for anyone. The root cause of the problem is reduced mail. And there's nothing any particular party is going to do to alter that. Absorbing ever increasing losses would be a tough pill to sell to the 70% of Canadians who don't get door to door delivery as it is.