spc
Search similar:

uniqs
ChazG
join:2015-03-12
Vernon, NJ

ChazG

[Troubleshooting] Slow Verizon Wireless Internet on Weekends

Have Verizon Unlimited Data plan for years, using a Motorola Razr. Recently, in the past month or so I've noticed on weekends my data speed drops significantly. I'm usually in one location using data and I have 5 bars with 4G. Typical down load speeds range from 7 mbps up to 20.

During the past month or so I've noticed on Saturday's or Sundays, between the hours of 8:30 am to 9 pm, my data speed drops below 1 mbps. It never did this before in the past 4 years using the same phone. I had a friend over the other day with a Samsung Galaxy 4s with a limited data plan, we were getting 20 mbps with their phone in the same exact location.

I contacted Verizon tech support and they had me clear cache, reboot the phone, switch sim cards, and reinstall the OS.... none of it fixed the 'weekend issue'. Their tech support reviewed the traffic of the tower that services me and stated "at the most there were only 80 users online during weekends and the tower can handle 400". I find this hard to believe because on winter weekends my area is packed with visitors coming into the area; its a ski resort.

Verizon suggest I get a new phone. I'd have to buy the phone outright so I don't lose my data plan. That's a lot of money and frankly the old Mot Razr works fine the rest of the time.

Any suggestions or comments?
simpsomatt
join:2006-08-21
Paris, KY

simpsomatt

Have your friend come back and swap SIMs. See if their phone still gets 20 mbps with your unlimited SIM.
Expand your moderator at work
ChazG
join:2015-03-12
Vernon, NJ

ChazG to simpsomatt

to simpsomatt

Re: [Troubleshooting] Slow Verizon Wireless Internet on Weekends

Sounds like a plan. Thanks!